Wine rack to fill Space

My better half wanted a space between our cabinets and a wall filled… GF to the rescue

each 5 bottles of storage is 3 sheets of 1/8 baltic birch being held by 4 side brackets made from the same baltic birch glued double and held to the wall with heavy duty command style adhesive strips painted to match the cabinets

and

the SVG
Half Hex Rack v4

75 Likes

This is fantastic you took a space and absolutely transformed it.

I have another idea for the project. Quilters are always working with blocks and rolled up fabrics. Your design could easily hold their pieces. I know this because I quilt.

12 Likes

Really cool! I always like the honeycomb look.

3 Likes

An impressive design - I bet your wife is very happy with the outcome! Thanks also for sharing.

2 Likes

Terrific practical cut.

5 Likes

Nice way to use space!

3 Likes

Gosh, what a nice design. Thanks!

5 Likes

This is fantastic

3 Likes

Those of us that also use a Cricut would love that for rolls of vinyl!

6 Likes

Spectacular!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your unique solution to filling the empty space.

2 Likes

Looks really nice… well done!!

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Great idea! You can never have too much wine storage. How it’s it fastened in place? Not much room to get a drill driver in there.

2 Likes

I used 4 large command strips on each side brace. the outside wall is plaster and the inside is the cabinet so i didn’t want to do screws! it also allows for some fine adjustment on placement using the way the command strips velcro to each other.

3 Likes

Wow! You had some precision measuring going there. I can’t imagine how difficult it was to get it in place and press the command strips in place. Good job.

2 Likes

Fantastic use of vertical space, and love the design! :grinning:
(One tiny head’s up though…I’ve had those Command Strips fail under a much lighter load than multiple bottles of wine… the shear forces are not that great. I’d just check it periodically to make sure it’s staying stable.)

4 Likes

Thanks Jules,

I thought about that very thing when deciding on the command strips. Each pair is rated for 8lbs sheer force and with 2 pair on each of 4 side brackets for each 5 bottles there are 8 pairs of command strips holding the load so 48lb of load capacity for 15 lbs of wine :rofl: it may have been over kill but better safe than commit alcohol abuse by breaking wine bottles!

I spent more on the command strips than any other part…

6 Likes

Good idea. That would be a lot of tears to shed over spilled wine, for sure.

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same thing. As well as a great way for my vinyl storage

2 Likes