Won’t move!

So a few days ago I went to start my Glowforge and it would start and then as soon as the cut would start it would turn off and turn yellow . Got in touch with a agent and I am suppose to have another printer head sent to me . But I have since cleaned it really well since it is down and I have the time to do a deep cleaning . Now when I start it up , load up a design and send it to the printer it will start , head moved no where but it is blue and just sounds Like it running but nothing is engraving ! I know the printer head is not registering And the new one will fix that but my concern now is I’m gonna get that in the mail and something else is gonna be wrong ! Any help please !!! I am refunding orders left and right and I need this back up ASAP !!! Pleeease

2 Likes

I no doubt relate. I know it can be frustrating when things are not working and it can impact your business. This is not something unique to a single manufacture. I revamped by business plan and made sure it accounted for tech needing repair/troubleshooting. There are a ton of local makerspace option and this community can help recommend a space for you to rent a machine while you wait for service.

Once my Etsy brought in enough money, I bought a second glowforge so I can make sure to never have to cancel. But I still know where my local rental units are just incase technology behaves as technology.

2 Likes

You are preemptively worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. Wait for your new printer head and try to stay calm. If you’re using your Glowforge for business, it’s a really good idea to have a back-up plan for times like this. Like any piece of electronic equipment, things can go wrong. Give some thought to buying a second GF or locate someone who can help you fulfill orders until yours is back in operation.

2 Likes

Cool thanks

1 Like

Great !

1 Like

Hi @jillanna12 - Thanks for chatting with me earlier! I’ll be in touch shortly with an update via email, so I’m going to close this topic.