Wonky Cuts

My Glowforge was cutting beautifully yesterday, however, today I am having issues getting clean cuts. I’ve cleaned all the mirrors/lenses with the Zeiss wipes and made sure there is no debris caught in the tracks. I’ve been doing tests cut on PG Draftboard so I am including a photo of the last one. I know my files are good because I’ve cut them before without a problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you!!

PG Draftboard Test from today

Same file cut on PG Medium Acrylic on Sunday 3/10

2 Likes

Did you pick up the idea at Roswell? :grin:

I thought he had a cowlick at first :slight_smile: and was thinking that’s a cool idea :slight_smile:

That certainly seems like something is infringing upon the motion. Have you turned the machine off and rolled the carriage left to right feeling for any abnormal bumps, tension, changes in how it feels, etc.? And then do the same moving the gantry front to back?

You might also make sure that the ribbon cable that connects to the head was laid back properly in the gantry channel. It should fold back over itself, and not be twisted. If it’s twisted, it can get caught up.

4 Likes

After cleaning all the mirrors/lenses didn’t work I made sure all the moving parts were moving without issue and that nothing was in their path. Ribbon cable is also installed correctly.

All good suggestions though!

Is it happening anywhere on the bed?

My next suggestion would be to run the Gift of Good Measure on a piece of draftboard. That’s a known good file, with a known motion plan, etc. just helps rule out extraneous stuff.

Gift of Good Measure on PG Medium Draftboard.

Seems to be an issue no matter where I place my design on the bed.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s an issue support needs to look at. Yikes! :neutral_face:

1 Like

That looks similar to my issue when I received my first GF. Minestemmed from a loose drive belt on the left side, which caused the stepping to be off.

My issue for reference and to possibly help Support for records and version tweaks if it’s a similar issue.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.