WOO! I've never been so excited for an email

So even with the looming threat of a hurricane (for which I am severely under-prepared for), I am having a great week. I got my Pro order email this morning :smiley:

Despite my itching trigger finger hovering temptingly over the I agree, I agree, I agree button. I actually took the time to read over all of the legal documentation. I figured somebody took the time to write it, I should read it. Then I hit the I agree, I agree, I agree button lol :wink:

63 Likes

Oh thatā€™s great! Iā€™ve been wondering where you were, so happy youā€™re ready to start forging. But stay safe out there!

6 Likes

Yay!! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

YES! CONGRATS! :tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

SUPER DUPER busy lol :slight_smile: 50~70 hrs per week, college, babyā€™s halfway through terrible twos, and our three cars and the house break in a synchronous order. The chaos is almost harmonic. Iā€™m getting there slowly but surely (perhaps more slowly than surely :wink: )
I will be. I canā€™t let anything happen to my daughter or my future wife (oh thatā€™s the other thing, weā€™re getting married next month :smiley: !!!)

21 Likes

Awesome! I kind of wondered where youā€™d gotten off too, but figured school had you hopping! What fantastic news! So happy to hear about the upcoming wedding!

Squeeeeee! :grinning::sparkles::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::dizzy::boom:

6 Likes

Iā€™d been popping in regularly, but didnā€™t really have the time to do more than bookmark a small fraction of the great ideas here. New job leaves much less time for perusing the internet unfortunately lolā€¦ not that I ever would or anythingā€¦

3 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratsā€¦ I have not received anything, but hey! you deserve this awesome gif.

9 Likes

that is a pretty intense gif lol :scream:

6 Likes

Wow! Now donā€™t make us worry about you burning the candle on 14 ends. But congratulations on the marriageā€“best wishes!

6 Likes

congratulations!!!

4 Likes

Wow! So much happening in your world! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Pro email!

4 Likes

Awesome! Stay safe!

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll try to keep falling off the face of the earth to a minimum :slight_smile:image

17 Likes

Hey man! Great to see you again. So cool that your 'forge is coming! Congratulations on the upcoming marriage! Oh, and you only have to push that agree button onceā€¦

Seriously, focus on getting a car back on itā€™s wheels, and stock the trunk with survival needs. I have ridden through Wilma when it was a cat 5, and those storms are no joke. Wilma packed 185 mph wind too. Wiped away an airport and removed all forms of communication. Stripped the Mexican jungle to bare sticks. 185 mph wind is is nothing short of a monster.I canā€™t stress enough - Take no prisoners in your preparations. Our hopes ride with you.

6 Likes

Not taken lightly. Considered visiting family in WV to ride it out, but itā€™s hard to take off work with submission dates approaching. Hopefully (for us) it veers to the east and gets hit with a cold front that slows it down. Iā€™ll be pulling things inside and putting up my hurricane shutters tonight. as long as we donā€™t get a direct hit, my house probably wont blow away. Iā€™m keeping an eye on it though to see if my plans need to change. Fun note though, I prepared for the hurricane completely by chance. Stocked up on water cause we had run out, bought a case of AAA batteries because I (was tired) read a light fixture wrong, bought a case of AA batteries 'cause my (future) wife had a field day at my emotional expense, already had canned goods 'cause Iā€™m a cheap vegetarian, have a couple flares in the shed because I found them at the U-Pull-It looking for car parts and they didnā€™t have a code to charge for that :joy:

I find life highly entertaining

8 Likes

By the way, the wait for the Tracking number email is harder than the wait for the ā€œyour getting it - yayā€ glowforge emailā€¦

edit: yeah, Iā€™m beginning to feel obsessed - Iā€™ve checked my email about a million times today.

ā€œhas it shipped yet?.. How bout now?..ā€

3 Likes

mustā€™ve gotten excitedā€¦

4 Likes

Congratulations! I read this through in mine too :blush:

2 Likes