Wood crayon box

I want to share with the Glowforge Community a little crayon box that holds 24 crayons. After many failures and a lot of glue, I think it has turned out well. It was made with 1/8 inch Baltic plywood. This is my first time posting and I hope that I’m doing it right.

Small crayon box -test 3 with wood.zip (3.0 KB)

162 Likes

What a nice little box! I suppose you could also leave out the piece with the holes and use it for recipes or index cards. Thanks for the design!

6 Likes

I’m just starting out with GF. Did you design the box yourself, or use one of the online box creation sites? I’m particularly interested in the hinge and creating a dado for the shelf with holes.

2 Likes

Hi, I started with an online box creation and then used CorelDraw to “tweak” everything. There are 2 shelves with holes to keep the crayons standing upright. I found that 1 shelf let the crayons fall over and would get caught in the lid. There are small pieces of wood that I glued inside to keep the shelves in place. I’m new also but I love GF.

8 Likes

Nice design and thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

What a nice box for crayons or any number of things. Thanks so much.

5 Likes

You are absolutely doing it right! What a great box!

5 Likes

turned out really nice thx for the design :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, very cool! I think I must go buy some crayons now! :grinning:

5 Likes

Really nice! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice design - love what you did with the lid. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

What a lovely design. Another application that I hadn’t thought of. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank You for the share. I will make on & give to my Great Granddaughter .

1 Like

Love that! is there a sharpener in the back? :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, that is very nice! I love the little holder inside…I will have to make a few of these for young friends for Christmas! Thank you for sharing your file…

1 Like

Oooo that’s nice!

1 Like

I have raised several children and the immediate thought I had was how to extract the Too Short crayon that gets dropped into a slot.
Kid proof is much harder than idiot proof.

Came out looking great, but like I mentioned. Kids…

6 Likes

Great minds think alike-the box that I made for my granddaughter, I made to hold 64 crayons and I didn’t glue the rack. This way I can remove the rack and clean out the box. :grinning:

22 Likes

Crayons that don’t fall down when you take out the one in front of them!
13 year old me would have loved this. I spent more time re-arranging my crayons…

8 Likes

Not judging, but that sounds a bit obsessive.
I can’t even keep my sock drawer neat, although the wife thinks that is important.

4 Likes