Woodchucks Sale

Yeah, I don’t scream and shout. I ask nicely. Then I ask nicely, but a bit more firmly. And eventually, I just cancel.

I’ve already ordered replacement materials, so they now have an issue on their hands.

2 Likes

Maybe because the butternut was supposed to ship in two days or something?

could only be the butternut, since mine was walnut/cherry.

Just fixed this, I think - threads should now remain open until 30 days past the last post.

4 Likes

The banner at the bottom of this topic still says:

:clock9: This topic will automatically close in 6 days.

I wonder if this thread has the rules that were set at the posting time since old threads in this area are not saying they will close.

2 Likes

I received my order for 1/4" and 1/8" walnut and maple boards last Friday via USPS Priority Mail, three days after cancelling my order and then getting tracking information two hours later. Here’s what I did with the wood…

Cancelling your order seems to be the key to “quick” shipment! I doubt that I’ll be ordering again. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got a nice message from Dirk, which made me feel a tiny bit better about things, but I still had to cancel.

FWIW, I cancelled almost a week ago, so it didn’t do much to expedite anything on my end. It sure has been an interesting experience.

2 Likes

well, let’s see if they ever actually ship mine. the shipping order was created on Saturday, but they still haven’t taken the package to USPS. :roll_eyes:

Holiday today… :wink:

1 Like

hah! ok, fair enough. i don’t get those periphery government holidays, so i don’t even notice.

3 Likes

Yeah, they did my label yesterday, but he said it would ship tomorrow. :slight_smile: If it were shipping at all, which it is not…

1 Like

I ordered a couple of Butternut boards and have not received a notice of shipping or other acknowledgement and so sent an email follow-up just before finding this thread. I have not seen butternut elsewhere and the price was good so I am prone to patience, but I had not realized that I needed to add my squeak to the chorus of squeaky wheels to get their attention.

facebook. emailing seems to have zero effect. a facebook message gets a response both in FB from suzi and in email from dirk.

Yeah, I’m the only one who got email from Dirk without a FB nudge. Go FB.

http://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php#butternut

I order often from them. Nice lumber, and I would call it respectable shipping times.

2 Likes

I have much of theirs as well, don’t remember seeing butternut but I vaguely remember whaen my memory was better.

1 Like

Ah yes, CRS is the devil.

I received some Butternut from him. You can see my issues above. I was shorted a 1/4" Butternut board, and the board with the gouge was a Butternut one, but they have a nice grain and good color. I emailed Saturday morning and haven’t heard back. I’ll email at least twice more before escalating.

The butternut was supposed to ship in 1-2 days. Patience is definitely a virtue here…

1 Like

seriously, if you have a FB account, message them there. 1000% more responsive (i.e., the only place they seem responsive).

2 Likes