Woodchucks Sale

Thank you. I hate my money anyway.

4 Likes

You can’t take it with you and this way you leave a little memory of yourself behind…

2 Likes

The motto of wedding planners and funeral directors.

3 Likes

I had some 1/16th walnut arrive yesterday. its pretty good. there was a higher sap ratio then I was hoping for, but walnut grading allows for it, so I can’t complain about that. the material was wrapped in plastic tightly with thick cardboard packaging. it is natural and unfinished, so it is not perfectly flat. I will have to plan to use hold downs when cutting it. I think it will work best as a layer combined with another material, or nice stock for making solid walnut plywood. out of all the stock I looked at, there was only one that I saw that likely was pinched by the sander, as it had a drum sander sized depression across it.

3 Likes

this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. if you mask and engrave, you can get a nice contrast with a higher sap ratio. i did some south american walnut and my engraves were nice and dark, really contrasty. but the masking material felt like it was covered in dried out syrup.

7 Likes

Nor is the :proofgrade: stuff from what I got. Got the suggested magnets and such so I can use the :proofgrade: stuff. Everything else I had been using from local sources has been flat and great. Still have not heard from their shipping dept on if they tracked down the issue. LOL.

Let me know if you ever want to find a loving home for it. I’m available any time.

1 Like

But I hate it, so I want to find it an abusive home. Know any of those?:thinking:

Wait a minute. Is it green? I despise green! I’ll abuse green money until there’s nothing left.

1 Like

Got them this week - will be cutting them down this weekend, may try making something to see how they cut/look - will let you know

1 Like

Anyone have any idea for something to make from thin cedar? I just hate to “finish” it with lacquer or spray or wax because it will lose the smell…:neutral_face: I image ornaments would work (3d or flat). maybe box interior? any ideas?

i would use the cedar to line a box. have it stick up about 1/4 of an inch to be the inside lip that the top slides over. if that makes sense. then you get a nice smelling cedar lined box.

2 Likes

I have bought from them before when they had an etsy store. Very good quality wood in the stuff I ordered before. Took quite a while to get my shipment (a few weeks) but it was very nice wood.

2 Likes

@ChristyM Has your Amazon order with Woodchuck’s Wood at least shipped yet? Not heard anything on my order and don’t see anything in FedEx/UPS apps. However I just noticed it looks like :glowforge: tried to ship me a second GF… I see two packages a 79lb and 27lb ‘Ready for UPS’ on 8/17. LOL!

The Amazon order arrived right away (Prime). The shop order doesn’t seem to have shipped yet.

1 Like

same here. no evidence it’s moved beyond me paying.

1 Like

Where are they located? Hurricane might be interfering…

Wisconsin…

3 Likes

Happy with the quality ect? Was hoping the stuff I ordered would arrive before the sale ended in case I wanted to get more but that does not seem likely.

1 Like

I haven’t done much with it, but it’s fine from what I see. A bit of warping. Lots of people have ordered from them through Amazon, and I haven’t seen any big complaints.

1 Like