Woodchucks Sale

I don’t have a FB account. The first time I emailed him and he responded in a few hours. This time radio silence. I don’t think it’s facebook.

i think it’s him. suzi is the one dealing w/facebook and she’s more responsive.

1 Like

I complained via Facebook over the weekend, and they responded and prepared my order for shipping yesterday. Hopefully, I get all that I paid for because the shipping confirmation does not match the order confirmation.

I feel like one of those newbie RockHounds that keeps taking everything for granite. I ordered the ocooch grab bag of American woods but while I am familiar with snake wood and pink ivory etc., when it comes to American woods I am having a much harder time of it.

IMG_20181009_170824

When I made this I thought it was all cherry but the top is a different wood.

Now that the wood has aged a bit the top and rest of it are quite different and I think the base might be butternut. Here is a picture from when I first did it.
20180904_171459

Any ideas or insights for identifying the different American woods would be most interesting.

5 Likes

FYI my order has finally shipped from Woodchucks received the email today…

2 Likes

Hurray! :slight_smile:

1 Like

mine is supposedly out for delivery.

2 Likes

How many days since you ordered?

i think it was sept 12.

it’s here. the cherry looks fine (6x36x 1/8).

4 of the 5 walnuts look ok (9x16x1/8). but one of them is only 0.98" and has some very rough saw marks on both sides. a couple of others have some knots near the ends, which is not what i would prefer to see, but it’s just ~0.75" on an end.

3 Likes

.98 is pretty far from 1/8” in the wrong direction. I’d much rather have 0.152 than .98…

2 Likes

or just be somewhere in the right vicinity either way. i see a lot of BB at .118 - .123. i can live with that. but more than 20% off? i’m pretty sure that last piece was an end of some block and they thought “close enough.”

2 Likes

I just got a reply from Dirk to my second email, sent three days ago. He says he has hired on more help to get through the order backlog and, will be shipping “soon.”

1 Like

Got my order today, exactly one month after order was placed. I ordered 13 boards total. They only shipped 11. I have already notified them, but I am sure they know they short changed me.

I have not yet unstrapped the bundle to examine the boards for quality. I will wait til I hear back from them as to where the missing boards are / when they are coming. My guess is that it may be the red cedar that they did not ship, but don’t know for sure.

Pretty certain that I won’t buy from them again.

2 Likes

Finally got around to sending pictures in of the boards. The reply was that they only finish with 80 grit and these marks are normal to the process. As for some wedge boards, she says must be a worker mistake as she’s been using the machine fine all week.

I won’t ever be ordering again from them. For those who got their orders canceled you are lucky!

3 Likes

Yeah. I am glad I canceled. Sorry your merchandise isn’t up to par.

2 Likes

I actually ordered wood from them on Amazon the same day this started. It wasn’t what I needed, but I wanted a variety of things on hand. I’ll have to go take a peek at it, but at first glance the wood was at least a consistent size.

They also do the thin wood scap boxes on Amazon and they have a presence on Etsy, too. They’ve got pretty good reviews on there. I can’t imagine how they have such good reviews on Etsy unless they prioritize those orders.

I have still not been reimbursed.

i accidentally ordered something from them on amazon in between when we placed this order and when i finally got mine. my brain said “woodpecker” when i read “woodchuck” so i didn’t even associate what i bought w/these guys. until i received it earlier this week and had problems. when i went to message the seller, i realized it was woodchuck, not woodpecker. sigh.

shockingly, it was not a good experience through amazon, either. i ordered 10 pieces of 1/16 “rustic maple” boards. 4 of the 10 boards were split at least halfway down the length. when i messaged them, their suggested solution was that i buy another pack of 10 on amazon and they’d ship me 20 instead. i said that wasn’t really the solution i was looking for and never heard back, so i initiated the return on amazon as damaged goods (packaging intact) and dropped it off at UPS today.

5 Likes

Wow.

Well, there you go.

fwiw, i’m reasonably happy with all but the one piece of walnut that was .98". especially at the sale price. i’m just very unhappy with all the hassle and lack of professionalism. truly rinky-dink.

2 Likes