Woodchucks Sale

Got them this week - will be cutting them down this weekend, may try making something to see how they cut/look - will let you know

1 Like

Anyone have any idea for something to make from thin cedar? I just hate to “finish” it with lacquer or spray or wax because it will lose the smell…:neutral_face: I image ornaments would work (3d or flat). maybe box interior? any ideas?

i would use the cedar to line a box. have it stick up about 1/4 of an inch to be the inside lip that the top slides over. if that makes sense. then you get a nice smelling cedar lined box.

2 Likes

I have bought from them before when they had an etsy store. Very good quality wood in the stuff I ordered before. Took quite a while to get my shipment (a few weeks) but it was very nice wood.

2 Likes

@ChristyM Has your Amazon order with Woodchuck’s Wood at least shipped yet? Not heard anything on my order and don’t see anything in FedEx/UPS apps. However I just noticed it looks like :glowforge: tried to ship me a second GF… I see two packages a 79lb and 27lb ‘Ready for UPS’ on 8/17. LOL!

The Amazon order arrived right away (Prime). The shop order doesn’t seem to have shipped yet.

1 Like

same here. no evidence it’s moved beyond me paying.

1 Like

Where are they located? Hurricane might be interfering…

Wisconsin…

3 Likes

Happy with the quality ect? Was hoping the stuff I ordered would arrive before the sale ended in case I wanted to get more but that does not seem likely.

1 Like

I haven’t done much with it, but it’s fine from what I see. A bit of warping. Lots of people have ordered from them through Amazon, and I haven’t seen any big complaints.

1 Like

They confirmed my order several days ago but no word or update on sending it out yet…

2 Likes

I sent them a message yesterday. I’ll post if I hear anything.

1 Like

Great. I was going to when I got home tonight since its been a few days without any update.

1 Like

Noticed on the Clearance page it states “Will ship within 1 or 2 days” but nothing on the normal shop page. Maybe they just got a bit overwhelmed with people here ordering.

1 Like

amazon tried to use this excuse for me two days ago, when they lost a package between Sacramento and my house (half an hour away, max)

6 Likes

they would have to actually ship the items for the hurricane to cause problems.

2 Likes

must be a big hurricane to reach Wisconsin…

1 Like

Maybe the driver was watching hurricane clips on YouTube and doesn’t know what happened to your package?

4 Likes

No reply. Not the best customer service ever, but the wood will speak for itself, if it ever arrives. I was kind of hoping to use it for a project this week, so that’s unfortunate.

1 Like