Woodchucks Sale

Finally heard something on Facebook from Woodchuck’s Wood…

My apologies, I have been sick in bed since Thursday of last week and haven’t stayed on top of my FB account.

I have alerted the owner, Dirk, of your messages. He will respond shortly. This is an extremely busy time of year and while dirk does his best to stay on top of communications and customer service, he is often called to the shop floor or into the field to procure more wood.

That is no excuse, but hopefully it offers you some insight into the lack of communication.
You have my sincere apologies,
Sincerely,
Suzi

Not quite a shipping notice—or order acknowledgement. I’m hopeful—although anxious… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good luck, I had a bad experience ordering from Woodchuck’s and won’t buy from them again. It’s really hit or miss.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? What specifically did they screw up with you?

2 Likes

Looked over the boards a bit more last night. There are some deep marks at an angle on the 1/8" boards. I took one and tried to sand it out, took quite a bit of sanding to make it no so noticeable. I didn’t notice this on the 1/4" boards I got. I suspect the 1/8" is what is holding stuff up as they seem freshly cut as you can still smell the saw burn marks from ripping them.

1 Like

That’s discouraging. Which species specifically?

I only ordered Walnut. The picture is hard to see, the board is at an angle but the marks go from top to bottom of the picture. I’ll see if I can get some better light. That one sanded out but took some effort and was pretty deep.

1 Like

PMed you

I just canceled my order, this is ridiculous. It’s been over 2 weeks, I don’t want to support them, especially if they ship wood that’s gouged to pieces. I’d rather pay a bit more from Ocooch and green valley, the wood I’ve ordered from them was sanded beautifully and shipped promptly.

6 Likes

Update:

Woodchucks Wood

Hi. Sorry for the lack of communication.
As you can see, I’m behind on orders…we were really hammered.

I’ll be getting your entire order on the road this week, and I’ll toss in some free boards.

Again, sorry for the lack of communication…

-Dirk
Head Woodchuck
WoodchucksWood.com

Is the promise of “free boards” really worth it!? :sunglasses:

If you just ordered just 1/4" yes, I am happy with those… The 15 1/8" are going to take some work to get them sanded and up to what the details page promised.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning Dave. I ordered mostly 1/8" walnut from Woodchuck’s Wood. I just FB messaged and emailed Dirk asking to cancel my order from Sept 12th. Live and learn… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I debated to send a message or not, and have yet to. However on that note I am very unlikely to order from them due to this and the delay.

1 Like

still haven’t heard anything. i doubt i’d order again. haven’t canceled yet, but considering.

it’s one thing to get slammed, it’s another thing to take 3 weeks and not really communicate unless people hit you up on multiple places (email/fb). especially for something you can get multiple places. the price was good, but not that good.

2 Likes

It’s too bad. I think a quick email early on would have made a huge difference. They lost a lot of potential customers on here.

Still not sure if I’ll cancel. We’re on vacation and I’m mostly ignoring it til I get back. Won’t ever order from them again, though.

1 Like

They responded to my cancellation quickly enough, they’ve already cut the order.

Their response:

I’m very sorry for the gross delay.

I’ve canceled your order, as asked.

We’ve been really hit harder than expected with orders, and we’re working 24 hrs.

Please reach out to us again, to give us a 2nd chance.

I don’t think I will. The quality issues are enough to keep me away, sanding grooves out is messy and takes forever, I’d rather pay a bit more at a higher-quality vendor.

3 Likes

Is that via email or FB?

Ironically, they were supposed to ship my order last week, didn’t, and then stopped replying. I mean, really, you could keep one customer happy.

They still have the sale on the site and no indication that they are running behind. It bums me out when small biz owners don’t handle the business side well. :frowning:

I think prices have gone up tho for the ‘sale’ as I put the same order in my cart and it was about $50 more. So they had time to update that at least.

That makes even less sense. Why try to bring in more customers when you’re not filling the needs of the customers you’ve already got?

Yeah my order was $94.51 (Pre-shipping) and that same order now is $141.79 (Pre-shipping). So they did update the sale pricing. I noticed this before they shipped my order.

1 Like

No idea what software they are using, but most e-commerce packages will allow you to automate that stuff - this requiring little to no intervention (no time) once you’ve specified a sale period.