Woodchucks Sale

Thanks for the update Dave. I’m going to try the email route using the email address PayPal gave me. Then I’ll switch over to public FB shaming—like you! Please keep us updated. May be time to ask PayPal for a refund? :sunglasses:

I ordered on the 9th. I am not terribly worried about the wood arriving, but I wish they’d get to it already.

I don’t think a “public shaming” is going to get the wood out any faster, especially if they’re in the middle of a move. It’s more likely to slow things down. I’d either just ask for an update or a refund.

2 Likes

Sigh. I hesitated to post the original post without having seen the product, but I didn’t want you guys to miss out on a good sale, either. Next time I will wait! :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I am glad you posted. I ordered! It’d just be nice if they’d let us know the holdup ect.

1 Like

For a $128 cash “investment” in their business I at least expect an acknowledgement of my order. I sent “Dirk” email plus messaged them on their Facebook page. We shall see?

Public shaming—and a forced PayPal refund—is next. IMHO their complete silence is unacceptable. :sunglasses:

1 Like

http://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php#butternut

I order here quite often, and while he doesn’t break any speed records shipping, I wouldn’t call him slow either. Best yet, I have been very happy with the quality of wood.

3 Likes

Just received a reply and a tracking number for USPS. Sounds like they are now working on orders.

3 Likes

I ordered some wood from Woodchucks and I’m in the same boat. But then again about the same time I ordered some material from Glowforge and haven’t seen that either. Actually Glowforge sent me an email recently saying one of my items was out of stock and they were going to credit that amount, which they did and proceeded to add shipping charge (because the order went under $100) so effectively I was shorted a piece for a 50 cent credit. it’s been a couple days and they haven’t responded to my email either. I guess it wasn’t in the cards for me to get any materials.

1 Like

But that is the laser tile guy’s MO. I haven’t been to the laser tile website since before I received my glowforge, and have never ordered from him, but I read enough here to know to plan ahead. In today’s immediate gratification world, I have a perverse admiration for him.

IIRC the woodchuck website mentions shipping in a couple of days. Clearly not met. And while I don’t have an immediate need for what I ordered, it does make me a little nervous. I’m confident I’ll get it, but I am starting to wonder.

1 Like

I’m glad you posted and I’m confident they will come through. Even if they don’t it’s not your fault.

@ChristyM You get a tracking number? Mine shows it was picked up by USPS and will be here Monday. Somethings coming… LOL

I ordered on the 12th or 13th of Sept. Haven’t heard anything since the “… we’re getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent…” email on the 13th… :unamused:

1 Like

I had over $200 in wood in my cart but decided not to order. These stories are making me feel like I dodged a bullet. I’m sure you’ll all eventually get your orders or your money back, but it’s obviously not a great customer service experience.

1 Like

Nope! And they told me it would ship this week. Now I’m annoyed.

Ouch, So now they are just shipping in random order.

Or maybe the squeakiest wheel. That’s a dangerous thing for me to believe.

I only ordered Walnut boards, 1/8" and 1/4", Dirk did reply he should have at least replied to let me know he was working on my order. So possibly they didn’t have the stock and have to cut them for each order?

Looks like the sale price on my same order went up $45.

Wood arrived today. The Walnut looks great, love the grain. Site says “Sanded both sides, and ready to use” but clearly needs a good sanding as the saw marks are clear. They are worse on the 1/8" the 1/4" boards look much better. I’ll have to check them out more later, just ran home to get them off the front porch since its raining today.

6 Likes

maybe some day i’ll get a shipping notice.

1 Like