Wooden Holiday Ornament Card

Snort! :laughing:

2 Likes

Adore!

1 Like

It’s the only time I still use metric in my design files. I use 0.1mm breaks in the cut line for these kind of flat pack designs. I zoom in 800% (it’s a preset in Corel Draw) and drop a tiny box on the cut line and slice it with the knife tool.

5 Likes

So nice! :squeeee:

1 Like

A card, a joke, and an ornament all in one! You crushed it again, Jules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed! I was amazed at how well the minuscule tabs on the star ornament that @smcgathyfay posted work. They’re engraved, no less, so you can’t even tell they’re there, but they hold the thing together just enough that you can pick it up and put it in an envelope.

I’m definitely going to make some cards like this!

3 Likes

The layered holes show the inside little snowflakes :snowflake: through. The inside lettering is laser engraved as well. As you can see, that ornament isn’t symmetrical so it only goes in one way. Still neat though.

27 Likes

Those will be a best seller! :grinning:

1 Like

Oooooo, love it!

2 Likes

This is great! Ideas for next year!

2 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

I can only say Wow!

2 Likes

Neat!

How do you avoid it smelling like burnt wood?

Not exactly the Christmas tree scent…

It tends to off-gas in a day or two. (Or you can hit it with Febreeze.) :wink:

1 Like

Would orange oil work?

2 Likes

Inspired by @Jules

Made these ornaments to sell at my work. All money raised going to veterans for upcoming Remembrance Day.

Edit: Clearly Mr. Smarty Pants aka Captain Awesome took a look and asked where the string would go through… um… I forgot to put an attacher hole thing on the top/tip of the leaf… :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

Gorgeous design, even without the attacher hole thing. :smile:

1 Like

It might…I haven’t tried it, but I’d give it a little time to air out first before applying it, in case the oil soaks in and blocks the smoke smell in. (I need to see if I have any of that to try…the woods aren’t so bad, but the leather takes forever to quit stinking.) :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it might just look really neat just as is… looped over a branch of the tree…a very different kind of attacher hole thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know. It looks like your design was intended to have a loop of ribbon through the center of the leaf from the beginning. :wink:

Edit: delete extraneous word

1 Like