Work in progress - future maker

I make lots of things, but the best thing I have been involved in crafting is my daughter. Well she has done most of the work. 14 years in the making and not finished yet.

She and I recently contributed to a piece about the Maker Movement, trying to get young people more interested in making things. As usual, she says it better than me.

Two nice videos from it. The first about her work.

The second with other kids making stuff, including 3D printing prosthetic hands

I can’t wait to see what she makes when the Glowforge arrives. I am sure it will feature in our courses.

39 Likes

Wonderful story – thanks for sharing it with us!

It reminds me of Gever Tully’s TED talk: 5 Dangerous things you should Let your kids do.

4 Likes

Wonderful :joy:
The idea of kids making their own prosthetic hands is both awe-inspiring and humbling.

3 Likes

“People have become illiterate with their hands!,” she says. That sells it all the way!

10 Likes

Very inspiring videos. I pray I’ll be able to work in the shop with my daughter!

2 Likes

Amazing work! Churn out those new ideas and new ways of doing things! Churn, baby, churn !!!

This is wonderful! Her creativity is inspiring and contagious. Love her perspective too :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. I’m excited to see what she’ll do with this tool!

2 Likes

Very inspiring. You and your daughter are awesome and get all the likes today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was awesome

So cool! I can’t wait to see what she can do with it!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, It’s great to see kids excited about making things.