Workshop Sign

Although I’ve been a GF owner for quite a while now, I haven’t shared any of my creations yet. that changes today :blush:. For Christmas, this is a sign I made for my dad’s workshop.

Materials: proofgrade medium & thick maple plywood, medium walnut plywood. Glued using Gorilla Super Glue. Sign dimensions are approximately 14" X 8"

106 Likes

Wow. Beautiful work. Please consider sharing more.

7 Likes

That looks wonderful! Great job.

3 Likes

The sign is beautiful. We used to live in Wilmington. Now we’re in Tewksbury, but I miss Wilmington. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, “wow!” is right! You show excellent choices in the design, font choice, layout and use of white space. (Is graphic design your chosen profession?) :grinning:

6 Likes

Love the raised letters-- the dimensionality really makes it pop!

6 Likes

How beautiful! Your Dad is going to love it! Everything is perfect! Your layout, font choices, and accents! Just stunning!

4 Likes

That looks wonderful, I’m sure he will be proud.

1 Like

Not a ROOKIEWOOKIE any more :sunglasses::glowforge:

1 Like

That is AWESOME! Just gave me an idea for my workshop…

1 Like

Thank you, I’m planning on devoting more time to this and sharing more on here :blush:

1 Like

@Jules - yes, I’m a graphic designer by trade ;-). I spent days searching through fonts trying to find the “right” one lol. The glyph options on this one is what sold me. Thank you for the kind words :blush:

8 Likes

What a gorgeous sign! Really love the 3D look.

3 Likes

Nice swooshes on that font. What’s it called?

2 Likes

Very nice. I really that sign :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love three layering, such a fun sign!

3 Likes

@GrooveStranger - I accessed the alternate swoosh glyphs through the Adobe Illustrator interface when I was designing it.

https://creativemarket.com/adilbudianto/2178004-MUARA
https://creativemarket.com/adilbudianto/2209447-MUARA-ROUGH

7 Likes

Thanks, putting those on my wishlist. Good find!

I just love the dimensions and layout of the sign! Really wonderful design.

1 Like

That is really great. Super choice on font. I like it!!!

1 Like