Yellow button error… stuck on focusing

I just got my first yellow button!! I just used my GF yesterday and everything was fine. I turned it on today and it’s stuck in the focusing mode with a yellow button. I have checked the connections on the print head white cable and submitted pictures to support. I have also turned off and turned back on and now my print head/arm will not move and my app program just says focusing. Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Other than inspecting what you’ve already inspected, there’s not really anything you can do. It sounds almost 100% certain that the machine can’t communicate with the print head. That’s one of the things that will make the button turn yellow, and “focusing” involves the machine telling the print head to calibrate the focus mechanism inside of it, which is where it’s getting stuck. If the white ribbon cable is connected on both ends, the connectors aren’t damaged, and you see no damage along the length of the cable, there’s nothing you can do but wait for customer support’s response.

3 Likes

So I am having the same problem did you figure out what was the problem? Checked all the connections and restarted it and the light comes on shortly after I turn on

I had to contact support and I had to send my laser back. It was under warranty so they sent me a refurbished glowforge to replace mine that wouldn’t work.

Oh no :disappointed:. I don’t think mine is under warranty :weary:. Thank you for answering. How long did it take to hear back from them?

Within 24 hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.