Yellow Light, Brand new Basic

Hi Everyone.
I just got a brand new basic last week. This is my second basic (other one is great, I ordered a second so I could work faster)

The new one cut fine and hasn’t had a single issue till today. I turned on this morning and it had the yellow light, the error message on the app says its cooling (It hasn’t worked been run in two days)

I turned off, back on, Unplugged, plugged back in and I have tried this sporadically throughout the day. My machine is not hot.

I checked the white wire on the laser head and unplugged, put back in, I did this three times. All my pins on the pinhead are straight that I’ve seen people be asked to take photos of through my research so far today.

I found a group on FB someone said wires can be in the way of the gear when it moves, they did appear to be in the way, I have moved them but the glowforge wont even move now when turning on, it will only go straight to yellow light. I have also tried doing a hard reset, which I did and right after the yellow light came back on.

I just want my brand new machine to work again. Everything is clean, I have only done a few cuts and wiped down each time. Please help!!

Per the support troubleshooting page on this, seems like you’ve done all you can. Probably terminal.

It’s unfortunate if you did in fact do a hard reset, because now all the logs would be wiped that support could have used to diagnose. A hard reset should only ever be performed at the direction of support.

If you simply reset the wifi connection, however, they would be intact.

I think I only reset the wifi connection. It was what had directions on the support page. I was just trying to figure out what could possibly work.

I think the wires for the temperature gauge were in fact in the way, but now that ive moved them glowforge wont move or do anything when it starts it just goes straight to yellow. I’ve tried starting it with the arms in several positions as well.

Thank you for taking the time to do such thorough troubleshooting already. I took a look into the logs we have on our end, and unfortunately, it looks like this unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

2 Likes