Yellow light HELP!

Just got my Glowforge in Friday Set it up and did some small projects and ran some test runs on some materials I got at Lowes material did fine tried to do a engraving on a price of tile to make some coasters… Entered some manual settings and sent it to the cloud and then the yellow light came on said it was trying to focus did all the trouble shooting would not calibrate it self like it usually does when turned on now having issues with the connection to WIFI… Any suggestions or has anyone had the same problem and what did you do to resolve the issue…

Double-check the white ribbon cable that connects to the head.

1 Like

@jbmanning5 thank you for the help!

@willowsage14 I’m so sorry for our delayed response. If possible could you please do the following to check the connection and pin on your printer head?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.

2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.

3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.

4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.

5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.

6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.

7. Turn your Glowforge back on.

8. Send us the photo of the gold pins from step 4.

Thanks in advance.

@willowsage14 have you been able to check the connection and pins on your printer head? If you have any questions regarding this, please let us know!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.