You can always spot a snitch

I am jealous. Hugely so. Don’t think I won’t copy that…

2 Likes

Now I have so many ideas flowing through my head… thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Soooo cool

Very nice !! i love it

Could someone tell me the difference in meaning of ‘chipboard’ between the USA and UK ?
Chipboard in UK is literally chips of wood( from sawdust upwards in size) pressed into sheets, generally about 5/8" thick.
Often used as cheap shelving material after having been coated with white paint.

1 Like

It actually refers to the same item here in most circles. There is also, however, a particular grade of solid pasteboard or non corrugated cardboard such as is on the back of a notepad or tablet, or the thick paper of a containers retail packaging, which bears the same designation. This is what Marion used for the test fit of his compass rose.

It confused me a bit at first also.

4 Likes

Ah, right.
I think that is called. without much imagination, greyboard here, but may be the same, ‘pasteboard’.

1 Like

I know what you describe as OSB or oriented strand board, where fragmented chips or pieces are pressed into sheets.

1 Like

OSB is often used as shuttering for casting concrete against. Really coarse stuff, used for rough work, rather than the slightly better surface of chipboard, used for cheap furniture. This in turn, has mostly been replaced by MFD.

3 Likes

We call that material particleboard.

1 Like

“Two great nations separated by a common language”
:wink:

16 Likes

Great, now I have Particle Man stuck in my head.

6 Likes

I hate Particle Man. We had a fight. I won. :wink:

9 Likes

And now I do, too. Thanks. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Cool! Stencil art is going to go to the next level for me with the GF for sure! Looks great! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I didn’t even follow the link, but the earwig attacked… :confounded:

3 Likes

I am partial to “Birdhouse in your soul” :grin:

4 Likes

Love the spit-take avatar!

1 Like

This is amazing! You just opened my mind to a whole other side of this.