1.5" milk crate

The small red milk crate that I made for The Starving Artist turned out so well, and I haven’t shared a file in a while, figured I’d throw it out there. Medium PG Acrylic, it is a tight enough fit that it holds decent with no glue. Some of the little bits remelted to the piece so I had to use a little pick for the smaller ones to pop them out. The dark red bit is engraved, the the bright red cut, finished size 1.5" cube.

have fun! right click and save as:
small milk crate

64 Likes

Thank you for the post. It’s adorable so I decided to make one.

For some reason, the crate base won’t fit into the sides. The sides mesh with each other OK but the base is far too tight. I sanded down the pegs but that still wasn’t enough, forcing it in actually cracked the base off the side. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Interesting - when I made the crates out of the catalog I had the same issue, and it turned out that one set was slightly differently sized. So I used the good sides for all four and it worked…maybe that’s the issue here?

I see no difference in the sides or bottom edges - and in fact the posts for the bottom are even a bit smaller so it should go in more easily than the sides :-/

2 Likes

My apologies, mine was tight going together but didn’t crack, shouldn’t be that tight though. I made all the slot holes slightly bigger, I hope it doesn’t loosen it up too much, but glue is better than crackage.

small milk crate

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this is cool!

1 Like

I am surprised at the amount of variance in thickness of PG acrylics. Of all the material I would think it would have been the most consistent. I have a slotted designed with slots that was a perfect fit on one sheet and too tight with another.

5 Likes

there is a fine for using the crates (not for milk) - and you may be federally prosecuted, since they are 1.5" I assume the fine is 7 cents

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is so adorable! Thanks for the share!

1 Like

Thank you, I will try again!

1 Like

7 cents well spent, I’d say!

1 Like

Added extra base on Botton so that you can stack.

11 Likes

Forgot to add this one

10 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I love these little crates! Thank you!

2 Likes

Now how cool is this? VERY

Thanks for sharing it. Keep Creating.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. These are really well designed. The Florescent Green are mesmerizing…

8 Likes

these are too cute but what are yall using these for being this small?

2 Likes

I love the blue, maybe it reminds me of my childhood!

1 Like

How creative to add the base!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!! Used these to hold hair ties and little hair bows for my kids.

1 Like