1.951 Inch tall without Tray - Works 30 % of the time - Please help!

30 % of the time my wood works and cuts (Glossy top.) The other 70% of the time I get an error message. Saying its too tall.

If anybody has any ideas I am all ears.

From your earlier posts here:

Are you trying to print all three at one time? If so:

  1. Use Set Focus in the center of the first block.
  2. Place the Design for that block.
  3. Use Set Focus in the center of the second block.
  4. Place the Design for the second block.
  5. Use Set Focus on the center of the third block.
  6. Place the Design for the 3rd block.
  7. And so on.

When you run the job, it will look like some of the placements are incorrect, because each time you use Set Focus it shifts the camera view just a little bit. But they will not be wrong when they print, so don’t change them after you have used the Set Focus in a particular location.

Also, you need to use thinner blocks. The camera can’t focus the beam accurately on something that is 1.94" tall. Try to get some that is no higher than 1.87" tall. (Based on the height of my crumb tray…you’re a couple of mm over the limit for auto-focusing to work.) :slightly_smiling_face:


Thank you for the detailed response! I am going to try this now!

The set focus part many times in the same print session is a very good idea, didn’t now that was a thing.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag.

As @Jules pointed out, utilizing set focus for each “block” of material you are utilizing, paired with utilizing thinner blocks should help you to continue printing.

Could you let me know if this helped resolve the trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.