11.25 inch hexagon

Trying to cut out an 11.25 inch hexagon on a 12*20 piece of draft board. The gf view show the hex beyond the edges of the 12 inch piece of draft board.

Appreciate any direction.

TIA!

B

The maximum cutting area of the Glowforge is 10.9" x 19.5".

Thank you…even if I have the passthrough?

This might help you understand what you’re seeing:

Yes, with a pass-through you can do 19.5" x infinity.

Thank you!

You can make it with the passthrough.

Found this utube that I think is a very good description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PyHVP-RmbU

OK, so I got the passthrough to align properly. I added a ‘shape’ from the GF menu, selected a 6 corner square (hexagon) then used the ruler tool to set the dimensions to 11.25 by 11.25. That worked great for 4 of the sides, the other 2 were 12…any advice or direction will be appreciated. TIA!

Couple inkscape youtube tutorials (15 minutes) solved the problem…; )