30 DoD Challenge - Day 24 - Hot Air Balloon Lamp

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 24. It’s a hot air balloon lamp. It’s difficult to photograph properly.

45 Likes

That looks great! I like the notion of the basket underneath too.

5 Likes

pretty awesome :slight_smile: the basket would be the perfect spot for a small plant like a vine and let it climb over the lamp frame

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try a lamp shade but so far have felt things I saw were too industrial looking. This looks much more refined / beautiful. Nice work!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

I don’t mean this in a bad way, but it looks like a light bulb. If you made the basket a spiral and brought it up…

1 Like

I thought the same thing the first time I say it :slight_smile:

Neat. Now you need a burner cord and a rip cord for turning it on and off.

3 Likes

Next, you need colored vellum to fill in between the parts and a bent woven basket below with an anchor on a chain to turn the light off and on.

3 Likes

I see Lego figures in the basket if it were at my house.
Nice work!

2 Likes

Very whimsical!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

could this be adapted into a smaller size for earrings?

2 Likes

There is a school a quarter mile away from our home. On January 1, 2000, a hot air balloon had taken off from the school. It flew over the house and it was maybe 50 feet from our roof and it was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen in my neighborhood.

We were on the deck waving at them and they were waving at us.

Love your hot air balloon!

2 Likes

I don’t think I would adapt this design. Making it earing size would be difficult. I would just start from scratch keeping this idea in mind. You would need fairly thin material probably 1/16".

I was thinking an air plants since its “in the air” already lol

1 Like