3D Engraving as Proofgrade Prints get Prettier: 10/23/17 Latest Improvements

I’m not seeing the new options either. I was hoping to try it before I go to bed tonight.

2 Likes

Can corian be engraved, say 1/8" max depth

Came in to say the same thing!

1 Like

Is there an ETA? I’ve tried logging out and back in and new/old projects with differing materials, not seeing anything new/different yet.

2 Likes

Draft Score — Use this option when you’re prototyping - the Draft score setting is faster, but it’s lighter in the middle and creates dark spots on corners.

This is so cool! I use light, fast scores to double-check placement (scoring the masking, not the material). Noticed the dark corners about an hour ago and wondered what was up… Not a bug, it’s a feature. :innocent:

1 Like

Sure, you can engrave to a pretty good depth, 1/8" and more.

2 Likes

When they’ve rolled goings like ghost out before it took a day or two to propagate to all the people’s accounts. Not sure why that would be unless there’re individual :glowforge: settings that get altered too(or will be once they crank up individual the accuracy but they’ve got the back end already in place).

All Latest Improvements announcements are scheduled to take effect within a week.

6 Likes

Question: Will HQ Score and Draft Score replace the two current scoring options? I kind of like having two options that both look consistent and good but one being not as deep as the other. Will I be able to adjust HQ Score to different depths?

2 Likes

Nice, I can’t wait to try them! 3D engraving :grinning: :tada:

Yes, they will. That’s helpful feedback, thank you!

1 Like

@dan @rita in the absence of these functions in the interface, can you give us a little better idea of what “Graphic” does? does it run an HQ score around the engrave? or does it engrave in a different manner? slight defocusing maybe? or a combination of both?

Can you give me some more context for this statement? I have no idea what it refers to.

Probably another victim of autocorrect

1 Like

My guess:

“When they’ve rolled things like this out before”

3 Likes

No scoring - just settings optimized per-material.

1 Like

So this is interesting:

2017-10-24_16-56-58

If it knows it’s “expiring soon” why doesn’t it just give me the new features? Slow roll-out?

3 Likes

I see you didn’t pay your internet engraving bill this month… :smirk:

7 Likes

You can PayPal me for a renewal certificate. I’ll make sure it’s handled this week.

4 Likes

Nice, 3d printing has been something I’ve been waiting on for awhile.

1 Like