This is my interpretation of the RIAA’s specifications for a 45 RPM record.
(In case you’re unaware, this is what we used prior to streaming music.)
Here’s an example of how I used it:
Tips & Tricks
- The shaded area is meant to be engraved.
- The black circles are meant to be scored.
- I think doing the engrave first is the right move. Not sure how it’ll work out if you score first. If you try it score-first, I’d love to see the result!
I made the 2 inner-most circles different colors so you can do the following:
- If you’re cutting the whole thing, set the inner-most to cut and the next circle to score. If you’re only doing the B side, turn the inner-most off and also the outer-most.
- If you’re going to use the 'forge to cut your label, use the 2 inner-most circles only to cut and turn off everything else.
- You can use the inner-most circle by itself to cut a thick guide for placing your label, so it lines up perfectly with your hole. I simply used Thick Draftboard for that purpose, but any thick scrap will do the job.