A Game While We Wait for our GF's

Yes. I have. So far, it’s an amazing product!

3 Likes

That’s great! I’m glad to see they’re getting out there!

We’re really having a blast so far. And I’m learning Illustrator, which I’ve wanted to do for a while now. So that’s good. But it’s the kind of thing where, after dinner I turned to my son and said “Hey… Wanna make something?” and he just smiled and said “Yeah!” And we both just got up and ran to the computer. No design in mind. Just the desire to make something. So he came up with “I want to make a necklace. Can it cut a hole that small?” I said “Yep!” And within a minute or so of thinking, he said “I know. I want it to be Gravity Falls themed.” (For the uninitiated, Gravity Falls was a great 2-season cartoon on DisneyXD. Super-fun for adults as well!) So we found a great image, played with it in Illustrator, and… boom. My kid has a one-of-a-kind Gravity Falls necklace that he’s going to show off to his friends today.

6 Likes

Got a photo of the Gravity Falls necklace @Tom_A? That’s a fun show!

Gravity Falls is one of our family’s all time favorites. That and “The Last Airbender”

Sure!

Front:

Why is the hole off-center? Because I decided to use my tablet when I printed instead of my computer. Dragging with your finger isn’t precise enough. Lesson learned. My earlier attempt (that I screwed up on) the hole was dead center.

Back:

Ours, too. Must have seen the series at least 3 times now. Here’s us at Philly ComicCon a couple months ago:

Yes… This is me:

I had a surprising number of people come up to me and address me as Gruncle Stan. I did my best impersonation all day.

23 Likes

It looks fantastic!

1 Like

I just added my info to the spreadsheet (see row 110). I’m assuming they’re supposed to be organized by date & time we placed our original order?

Also assuming “Email Received” refers to the “Would you like your glowforge now” email, the “Tracking Received” is the next email we get saying it’s shipped, and “Unit Received” is the day it arrives?

Yellow highlight means email received but not yet delivered, green means delivered?

Sorry, just figured I’d better check to be sure since this is the only place I’ve seen the file posted so far. Feel free to edit my entry to however you need it organized if I screwed it up.

2 Likes

Yes and all counts.

Due to the public nature of the spreadsheet we’ve had some filter/data scramble issues, (thus the red banner you see at the top) I’ve taken the permanent filter off and will periodically re-arrange them to chronological by order date and time.

5 Likes

Heres a very low sampling chart of orders over time I put together a few years ago.
Might give a little insight.

8 Likes

Am I too late to join the game?? I want to be part of the spreadsheet club!! :nerd_face:

I purchased a Pro w/ Filter on Oct 10, 2015 12:27 PM
I live in Southern California.

Thanks and forge on!!

Done! When you get your email don’t forget to come back and update your entry!

Thank you!

Do I update it directly on the spreadsheet?

Yup!
Just enter the dates as you get your emails from GF.

For anyone else hopping on, feel free to make your entries at the bottom of the page if you’re unsure of how to put them in-place. I’ll check in every once in a while to get everyone in order again.

3 Likes

Just updated the google doc that I received my tracking email today! So excited…

8 Likes

Fantastic news!

Seemed like they slowed down lately, glad they’re still sending them out.

1 Like

I would guess maybe the shipping hasn’t slowed down so much, but the number of people posting about it might have. I know I have not posted as much about my deliveries etc. as I assume the novelty has worn off and people might be getting a bit tired of seeing it. FWIW, I expect my shipping email any day now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was so sure the notification was going to come today :slight_smile: so… maybe tomorrow then. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll admit I was really disappointed it didn’t come today. Kinda didn’t want to ask you and the other 13th club members if you got one. It would have been worse to be the odd (wo)man out. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!! Thursday is my day off and I think my head will explode if it doesn’t come on my days off lol

3 Likes