A house for our kitten

First of all, I’m not a cat person (totally a dog lover :dog:).
Being said that, I’m having a lot of fun with this little baby

My girlfriend is teaching me about cats, and she told me that they like to have a place to hide and rest, so I designed this (based on a image a saw on pinterest)

I did it on Fusion 360 and exported the pieces using the Shaper plugin.

After cutting it on 5.5 mm MDF (0.21 inch) I got this

And after a LOT of spray paint (I tried to seal the MDF with spray primer and Shellac, but it didn’t work well)

I think he likes it, but who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to upload the SVGs, but I have to modify the model thickness to something more standard (1/4 inch maybe?).

PS: As I posted some time ago, my :glowforge: Highlander had a problem on a hinge. The support team offered to replace it with a new one, so I’ll introduce you to Valkyrie.

It has the new pattern on the glass and works like a charm!

63 Likes

Oh, he’s a little darling! And his little dwelling is very squee! :squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:
(Glad to see you making such great use of it…you need to show us some other stuff you’ve been working on.)

8 Likes

Wait, wha?!

(Runs to go look at her GF…)

Sure as heck, there’s a new design on top! Spiffy!

And man, I so want a kitty and your guy is adorable and just the little tabby I’d have. I’d build them a great house like that too. Really nice job. Sigh…

7 Likes

Pretty sure you opened a support ticket by posting this in #problems-and-support. I bumped it over to MOAG for ya.

Unless kitty has a problem, but I think he’s got it pretty well figured out from the looks of things. :wink:

Awesome job!!!

8 Likes

That’s amazing! well done!

3 Likes

Love it, love it, love it! So nice to see something from you, it’s been a long time. Congrats on the new kitty, and I’m really looking forward to the files. By the way, your design and painting skills are amazing!

4 Likes

Too cute! We’ll be getting some kittens in the nearish future so obviously I need to get to work!

Also, if a cat uses something, he/she likes it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will (it’s not the first time I say that :sweat_smile:)

Thank you! I selected MoaG but maybe it switched back when I closed my phone.

We almost had one, two days ago he jumped from a 3rd floor. Not a single scratch. :open_mouth:

What thickness you want? 1/8, 1/4?

Not really in this case, it’s a really crappy paint job, but I think he don’t mind. :smile:

5 Likes

Nice detail work :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love me, love my cat. Your kitty is adorable and will ignore your creations for him one day soon. Your girlfriend, however, will forever remember that you made a beautiful hideout for the kitten.

2 Likes

What ever you have already would be great! I can adjust. Thanks!

4 Likes

Congrats on both the kitten and Valkyrie :slight_smile: I’d definitely take you up on 1/4" plans!

2 Likes

Sure, I will post the original files along with a 1/4 in version :wink:

2 Likes

So glad they spent the time and money on a new design for the glass. Not like they needed to work on any alignment problems or maybe snapmarks…
/sarcasm

1 Like

I received Puffette after Puff poofed and there are a number of differences. It was one of the things that let me know it was newer and had any advances they have not explained. the old chastity plates were plain and the new ones are engraved to identify them as for a pro and labeled front and back. The Lid also is balled as a pro, as if you could not tell from the front,

1 Like

I think you might also be designing a bigger one as it is great for a kitten but not if he becomes a fat cat.

1 Like

Yes, I think this house will work for him maybe just this year. I want to make a modular system, so you can add rooms in the future.

3 Likes

What a fabulous house. I have three cats but they would need a bigger one. LOL
I look forward to seeing your files. Great job!

3 Likes

The is extremely cute!

2 Likes

Did you ever upload your shh? I would love to make this for our kitties!!

1 Like