A Pencil - Pfft

So @Jules, tag - you’re it…

Need to work on the engraving power, because custom bamboo skewers at a BBQ says awesome!

49 Likes

The beauty of competition.

County fair folk that write your name on a grain of rice just felt a cold shiver as their livelihood has been challenged.

9 Likes

Now you need to come up with a way to use the GF to sharpen the point of sticks to make your own skewers…

Just kidding! That is awesome. GF has some awesome detail.

@jules you going to take that?

5 Likes

Hell no…but I’m trying to get that into the Highlights! :smile:

GAME ON! :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Of all of the things I expected to see from you… yeah… skewers didn’t even make the list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Looks like pencil burns a heck of a lot cleaner.

3 Likes

How about my other post? Is that more like me?

3 Likes

Hil-effing-arious.

I hadn’t gotten to that one yet. I’m still behind 34 New and 33 Unread… TOO MUCH ACTIVITY LATELY!

4 Likes

Omigod…what’s next…toothpick? :grinning:

3 Likes

Your turn @Xabbess. I just reposted the lentils.

2 Likes

bahahaha! I was thinking thin pasta?! But it might cook it…

2 Likes

ROTFL!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Pasta will light up pretty easily, so I skipped pasta. :astonished:
(Can be used to start fires if you don’t have a match handy.)

3 Likes

Pasta = No Bueno

:fire::fire::fire::fire_engine::fire_engine::fire_engine::ambulance::ambulance::ambulance:

3 Likes

Make a Lincoln log house with slotted match sticks (with flammable head removed).

4 Likes

Haha, you can make skewers for kabobs so that when somebody removes the stick it has a hidden message.

4 Likes

Don’t try this at home! If a shallow etching on a paper masked metal plate were filled with a miniscule amount of thermite, would ignition by a laser following that engraving allow one to cut through the metal?

Only rarely used thermite, but ISTR that by volume you need a fair amount.

@henryhbk 's going to get a microbe from work, try and tattoo it and create a micro strain to start the zombie apocalypse… when will it end??? (Tonight on the news… the Glowforge™ virus popped up today on the west coast…" :scream:

9 Likes

Um…err…can’t do this, getting ready for trip. I’m passing the buck to Dwardio or Nuzioc! But, gees…thanks for the vote of confidence! Believe this or not, I haven’t even powered the Glowforge on for two days, otherwise, she calls to me and I get nothing done. Our flight will wait for no one or no machine.

5 Likes