A remake of a sign to be portable

Got an urgent request to make a portable version of the slate sign I Made for the goats. The goats now go to the nearby Dedham Farmers’ Market along with some of our ponies for pony rides. The goats basically play with the crowd. The slate sign is permanently attached to their pen so I quickly hopped onto OnShape CAD and whipped up a sign to sit on their cage (the little teeth on the bottom grip the wire of the cage). I only had a sheet of basswood and a bunch of walnut so that set the “look”. Boom an hour later we had a sign. Sure it’s not curing cancer (that’s my day job) but it is cool how quickly you can get from “wouldn’t it be great if you could…” to “here you go”

Here is the original project:

34 Likes

And I remembered writing this to order some maple proofgrade…

2 Likes

They do that bit with the “Feed me…I haven’t eaten in minutes!!!” thing too, huh? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yeah. Yesterday they were screaming when breakfast was 15 minutes late

5 Likes

Neat! I’d love to see how it fits on the cage.

1 Like

Nice that you could so quickly make a portable sign! Yes, please post the new sign photo when attached.

Action shots of the sign in use at the Dedham Farmers Market:

That’s Romy Pony in the background giving a pony ride with our barn manager Becky walking next to Romy.

6 Likes

as requested

1 Like

Again, it’s so awesome that you could whip out the portable sign for them! Thank you for the additional photos. :smile:

1 Like