I just bought a glowforge and am still waiting for it to arrive. I currently use Affinity Designer and have created some shapes and text that I’m looking forward to cutting and etching on the glowforge. However i’m really lost when it comes how to set up my document, designing, and exporting. My questions are
- Should i be designing in cmyk or rgb?
- What width should my lines be?
- Do the lines need to be in a certain color to designate cutting, scoring, etching, etc.
- Should my dpi be above or below a certain number?
- How should i export my designs for glowforge as, svg, png?
If anyone who is familiar with affinity and uses it in conjunction with glowforge would be able to shed light on these issues i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again and glad to become a member of the glowforge forums.