An Asian version of a Dice Tower

I was looking for a fun dice tower to make for my daughter and after finding the folding version done here on the Glowforge forum (Fold-out dice box - serrated tab version which I love and made). I also found this design on xykit.com It seemed like such fun that I had to make one. I really loved the Asian design because my daughter has been studying Japanese for years and will be studying abroad there soon. I did make a key issue when printing this version, but I will fix that with the next go-round. Can you spot the issue?

What is really fun is that it comes apart so you can make it taller or shorter per your preferences.

Printed on 1/8" MDF.

In the end it was a fun project that was just fun to make and hopefully will be fun to own.

60 Likes

Wow, that is just amazing! Nice job.

2 Likes

Yup very nice. Truly amazing would be folding and fitting in a backpack as was the inspiration of the first one.

1 Like

Amazing.

1 Like

Does the roof panel swing up to put the dice in or do you have to disassemble to use it?

I quite like it either way.

2 Likes

That is beautiful! And looks like a great decoration piece when not used as a dice tower!

2 Likes

That is fantastic!

1 Like

Roof swings up so you can put dice in

2 Likes

Yes, it really does. It is interesting enough that you don’t have to tuck it away in the closet.

3 Likes

Really ornate dice tower.

2 Likes

That is really lovely! Nice job!

2 Likes

Such a fun project!

2 Likes

Welcome to GlowForge. Thanks for the feedback. I really loved making this. It was truly the first thought I had when I got my GlowForge. Very fun to make.

Thanks. I was pretty excited to receive mine recently. I used to use a friend’s Glowforge to create some small elements for my artwork. As the project grew, it demanded more use and I finally decided to invest in one so I could spend more time to experiment. I haven’t tried the slide-through yet and planning on trying that soon.

2 Likes

Wow. Love it!

1 Like