Ancillary Mode Dial

It’s always the perfect time to panic.

3 Likes

It’s a beauty! I like the yellow background, that’s a nice look. Are the gears and sun gray? Very classy.

1 Like

Hey, my first post here. Hello all, Jay from JEMTOY here. I was so blown away and inspired by the Ancillary Mode Dial I had to make my own version even before you released the svg… I’ve only had the GF over a week, but I am so happy with my purchase. This project challenge gave me confidence I was gonna be able to use the thing. I feel smart again, because I can do it! I posted a video on youtube so my dad could see what I’m up to. Can I post it here? Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/rLsBUUUE7PQ

7 Likes

Those are some great projects! You should post the link into a new Topic in the “Made on a Glowforge” category so people can see them. :grinning:

1 Like

Very cool! You have so many fun projects, definitely share them as @Jules suggested!

amazing ! love all of your creations!!

1 Like

Amazing! great work! :joy:

1 Like

Your projects are all amazing! Yeah, I’d say they justify a posting of their own.

1 Like

I think it’s eddies in the space-time continuum.

2 Likes

1 Like

Loved that show :slightly_smiling_face:

My father-in-law had a chair like Frasier’s dad. We finally replaced it last weekend - he had fallen getting in or out and apparently landed on the arm which then tipped the whole thing over.

The nursing care staff called to tell us. (he wasn’t happy about that) so we decided he needed one with less puffy arms & not swiveling & rocking. We got one that can power stand him up. I told my wife I’d be stripping the guts out of the chairs and swapping the new one’s into the old one because he’d have a Martin fit and want the old one back. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fortunately he decided he liked the new one (or forgot about the old one, sometimes memory care has its upside).

And we ended up looking on Netflix & Amazon for Frasier re-runs :grinning:

3 Likes

Heh heh. Afraid I don’t watch much tv! My quote was from Douglas Adams, of Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy fame.

2 Likes

“Why,” he said, “is there a sofa in that field?”
“I told you!” shouted Ford, leaping to his feet. “Eddies in the space-time continuum!”
“And this is his sofa, is it?”

5 Likes

A fan of HGTTG myself, but for some reason Eddie from Frasier popped into my head…

hey. how did you do the gears? Any tool recommondation? This is awesome!!

I used http://thecatalystis.com/gears/ to generate them. Since there’s no export feature, I used a chrome tool called SVG Crowbar (on a GitHub page, easy to find) to extract the SVG file displayed onscreen. It’s a bit strange, you install it as a bookmark and then click the bookmark while on any page displaying SVG to get a download button.

7 Likes

I believe this is the correct site (you had a typo I believe)?

http://www.thecatalystis.com/gears/

4 Likes

That’s the one… Fixed, thanks! Editing on Android is hit-or-miss, and I was typing it in rather than copy-paste.

Many thanks!

1 Like

…and yet another bookmark!

1 Like