Another LaserTile with gold laser foil

This is stunning @Xabbess! You outdid yourself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am impressed… wow! Bravo!

You have much more patience than I do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Care to share the application method? I’ve been eyeing laser engraveable gold foil. As I understand it they foil is applied (via adhesive backing) and then the excess is cut or burned away.

This is what I had bookmarked from a previous user:

https://www.johnsonplastics.com/bright-gold-6-x-25-engravable-laser-foil

2 Likes

Holy cow, girl! That’s a work of art! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

In what way?

1 Like

For starters, this is a post about the first time I tried it;

I am excited about this...Laser Foil on Laser Tile!

and this post has an excellent video showing two different approaches to doing this.

A search of the forum will bring up several more examples of laser foil and tile. Just so you know, the tile I used here is an actual LaserTile, which are also mentioned several times on the forum.

3 Likes

@rusty.tracey…sorry…I had forgotten the link to the video, so edited my post above to include it.

1 Like

Aaaand the bar has been raised again.

2 Likes

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous! Love what you do with sparkly things.

2 Likes

Getting everything just so.

My favorite processes on the GF are cut, score, and somewhere down the list, engrave. This looks like several engraved required. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gosh! I’ve only used the laserfoil on wood so far. I’ve really been wondering how it works on other materials. Clearly it works very well! That turned out AMAZING!

I’m curious about the delicate parts. The “fur.” Was the weeding of those parts very difficult?

1 Like

Gorgeous. Very well done.

1 Like

OMG the awesomeness here has soooooooo many levels. Being a person addicted to all things medieval, this speaks to me highly! I must delve more deeply (aka bookmarked for future reading. At work and would get in trouble if i do too much here. )

@Tommy did you see this??

1 Like

Fantastic job, as usual!

1 Like

Looks real sharp. My current medieval project is working…sort of…as intended

1 Like

Is the black what is left over from the laser foil after you engraved the material?

1 Like

Wow! Stunning!

1 Like

Oh…I get you now. The ‘getting-it-just-so’ part of me is in constant opposition to the ‘I-can’t-wait’ part of me. It’s definitely a mix!

1 Like

No weeding at all, really! I just pulled the outer edges off. The ‘fine’ stuff…the fur…had the lines engraved out to be black and the rest stayed gold. Nothing to weed.

Now…I’ll be curious to see if it works on acrylic.

3 Likes

Oooh…ditto that me, too! I have several images I’m waiting to try…some medieval woodcuts come to mind, first.

1 Like