Another version of Beyond My Front Porch's fabulous guitar design

Many moons ago @camdograger released this beautiful design on Etsy and I bought it almost immediately - I have a friend who’s a professional musician who hasn’t been able to tour because of the pandemic, and has instead been playing songs on YouTube as Music on the Rocks. I thought this would be a great addition to his studio - but me being me I wanted to modify it so it would a) look like my friend’s guitar, and b) have real strings.

Honestly the real strings part was pretty simple - the making it look like his guitar took longer - and then I was hit with the ack, I have to stain it different colours and I’m going to mess it up ack, so it sat forlorn for quite a while, but tis the season so I made it go!

The pick guard is 1/16" black acrylic, the strings are fishing line, all of the wood is baltic birch dyed with Keda Dyes

Thank you @camdograger for such a great design!

A few of the other takes on it are from celesteprobichaux and Macgeek

53 Likes

I love this! I really like too that you put ‘real’ strings on it…that was a great finishing touch. Your friend will be amazed.

14 Likes

Wow! Terrific work! The Keda Dyes are interesing, too. I think those might be worth a try.

9 Likes

Beautiful, and an incredibly thoughtful gift!

8 Likes

Oh that’s lovely! It’s wonderful how the various tweaks people give to the design results in such cool variations.

8 Likes

its great, I love the strings!
I really enjoyed doing the guitars as well!

Jonathan

5 Likes

Great job! I love that you used real strings.

8 Likes

A work of art for your artist friend. I love it when things work out.

8 Likes

Gorgeous adaptation of a great design. Your friend must be thrilled!

8 Likes

Love it!

5 Likes

May seem like a dumb question but how does it sound?

5 Likes

This is beautiful!

4 Likes

It’s not terrible, but it’s kind of like a bad recording of a broken sitar. If I’d used actual guitar strings it might have sounded like the weakest guitar ever, but as is…

10 Likes

that was one of my worries, people would strum the strings and break them.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What beautiful work! That’s a lovely gift.

5 Likes

This is so good, the closeups are messing with my head!

3 Likes

Love seeing folks using my design creatively. Thanks for the shout out :wink:

4 Likes

I love this!

4 Likes

A very nice gift! Nice to make it like his personal guitar!

4 Likes

This was one of the first designs I bought….and I still have yet to make one! Love the “real” strings and personalized details you added to replicate your friend’s guitar. Excellent job!

2 Likes