Art- Canvas cutting

I’m on a chromebook and having a hard time loading the “Insta” program, so I’ll need to jump in and learn some photoshop I guess. I know it shouldn’t be hard to draw a circle - haha!

I’d go with learning some illustrator first, if you have access to it, as that is adobe’s primary vector tool. I did write up a way to get vector cut lines from photoshop, but it was finicky.

1 Like

Good advice, I have the creative cloud suite, so I can do illustrator too. It’s high time I learn, I supposed. I was really thinking that cutting out circles on the glowforge would be rather simple though. Keep thinking I’m missing something…

here’s a 4" circle svg you can cut

circle

2 Likes

oh you said you were doing 2" circles…
here you go.

2inchcircle

3 Likes

it is really simple… once you start to learn about how to create vectors. My best advice would be to find someone’s illustrator tutorial channel on youtube, someone whose voice you can deal with, and follow along for some easy projects. simple little projects will help you get to know various functions and tools without getting overwhelmed by the possibilities. something like this is a fine start:

There are also a bunch of great tutorials in the matrix. This one that I made goes by pretty fast, so it may or may not be helpful.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much! I tried to thank you yesterday, but apparently my comments are limited since I’m new - ha! I only get a certain number of comments per day. Story of my life…! Anyway, I used this circle you made, and it cut in 11 seconds on the medium fiberboard, which is awesome, and exactly what I expected. I also found that “google shapes” will let me save svg files. Yay! So I have a page of circles now. Today I will try it on canvas, and use a setting of .1, and try magnets to hold the canvas to the bed. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m so pleased that I’ve stumbled into such a wonderful community. Thanks again!

2 Likes