Aura Zero, Zero tool

Cut this from any rigid material (I used eco acrylic) place the back against the back and slide it left and the inside of the “L” is zero.
Aura zero tool

42 Likes

Great idea. I’ve done similar with my GF a time or two.

13 Likes

Hey…cool! Thank you, Mark.

12 Likes

Great tool

9 Likes

was a pretty much permanent fixture in my GF. I cut mine so it was 1 mm short in both directions, so when I put a sheet in there was a 1mm border on my cuts, which works better with the 0,0 in inkscape.

Never worried about the camera, 0,0 x/y is always the same

Top left in inkscape is top left on the GF

Makes everything so much easier.

I do the same in my massive omtech.

10 Likes

I use something similar for CNC, but somehow never thought of it for the glowforge. Nice.

6 Likes

In case anyone would like the other 3 corners.
PS - Aura’s usable bed appears to be truly 12"x12"

Aura zero tools (3)

12 Likes

I love it when I start something and someone takes the hand-off and runs it in. Thanks for this I’ll add them to my zero zero.

7 Likes

I’m new to the the laser community, just purchased the Aura. What is a zero tool used for?

3 Likes

As you get further along and doing your own designs in Inkscape or AI there will be times you will want to know where zero, zero on the bed of the Aura correlates with the ruler in the interface.
Even something as simple as doing an engraving on a pre-existing item will make this useful.
For today, just put it in the back of your head that it exists and when you need it you can come down load it.
And welcome to the community!

9 Likes

Ugh, I’m learning so much that I don’t think I have enough brain cells. :rofl:

5 Likes

Hey @markevans36301 your zero tool makes an appearance on Tested’s Aura review! (At 17:14 ish)

12 Likes

Thank you! This is probaly the closest to a guest appearance I’ll ever make. I’m a little bit stoked! :grinning:

7 Likes

That ice cold coke sign looks sooo refreshing today in Fla. It is HOT here.

4 Likes

Hi thee i would love to make this but for the life of me cant figure out how to get the file

2 Likes

i would love to make this but cant figure out how to get the file

2 Likes

simply right-click on the drawing and select “save image as”, put it somewhere where you can find it like your desktop.

4 Likes

Last week it was in the teens here in NC. I broke out my heated jackets.

Today was in the 60s and supposed to be nearing 70 tomorrow.

Raining. But, I’m not shoveling it (got the school closing notices from the old homestead :slightly_smiling_face:) and we’re finding that a warm rain isn’t so bad after all.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

The sign file is not shared. The zero tool is what is shared in the first post.

3 Likes

However, there is a link to the Coca Cola sign file in the YouTube video description that @ekla linked.

4 Likes