Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

We’ll be there at doors-open on 10am Sunday morning. I can make a point to head straight into you before it gets too busy later in the day, if that’s preferable.

4 Likes

Yay for Glowforge alley! See you all very soon! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Jacob Turner helping out weeding Scrabble tiles.

33 Likes

Sounds like fun! You did bring Gorilla tape, right?

1 Like

Um, your wallet is sitting on the table… :scream:

7 Likes

Chuckle! I imagine you could have the whole arena helping with weeding Scrabble tiles and still it would take all weekend. :smile:

It’s his GF project log of settings for power/speed/LPI/focus/time to cut :wink:

2 Likes

And I believe the barista misspelled your name?

2 Likes

If it was iced coffee, would that be a ‘Maron’ Glace ?

2 Likes

ah mais non, marron glacé ça c’est un bonbon:

2 Likes

Mais oui, but our Maron is pretty ‘bon bon’, n’est pas ?

2 Likes

You all are too funny. Nothing escapes your notice. I did remove the wallet. And didn’t notice the spelling. Greetings from @markwal and @mspricethelibrarian.

Not the best connection with my mobile AT&T hotspot so didn’t get nearly done what I wanted. Lots of school students today. So cool to see.

Of course as exciting as this is, can’t compare to getting notification for shipping address. Which I didn’t get. But I’m good.

@ian. Your puzzles look great in proofgrade hardwoods.

40 Likes

I imagine the PRUs ironically will be later in the replacement process, since we have a mostly working laser (well most of us, some are worse than others) so figure we’d get alter in the set.

6 Likes

Likely true. Especially those of us who ordered a Pro :grinning:

5 Likes

I can live with that!

7 Likes

Yep, I’m good! :wink:

4 Likes

I’m fine with that, too. I can still make stuff and our warranties won’t start until we do get our own. We’ve been honored to be able to try them out long before many others and it’s only right and fair that some of the others get theirs before we do.

6 Likes

Nice happy hour with a big paella for dinner. Beer line was a bit long. But I managed a couple. It’s pretty cool. So wonderful to see people in all their unique beauty and creativity front and center.

18 Likes

What an awesome day! So fun to meet so many Glowfolk! First stop was the Glowforge booth to make my name tag with my username so I’d be more recognizeable, where we got to meet @dan and @bailey. Heard rumors of a forum announcement and refreshed my email constantly but no luck. :confused:

Next we found @marmak3261 where I got pencils of awesomeness with my library’s logo on them. How amazing are these? Squeeeee! Picked @macphee’s brain about all sorts of things, and ooohed and ahhhd over all the great samples.

Then it was over to @karaelena and @takitus, where we also ran into @rebecca! :grinning: Trekked out to find @Kallisti next–such amazing steampunk stuff!

Makerfaire is quite the experience–more fun tomorrow. Hope I didn’t forget anyone–so nice to meet you all!

Me and Dad–I was not able to stop from grinning at the sight of actual Glowforges in the wild!

35 Likes

I’m fine with that too, it works fine, but will be happy with a production one eventually. I still get the purple button crash a few times a week, but Rita said it’s cured in production models (ironically it happened while I was filming a bug report at their request tonight for them)

4 Likes