Beta - So this happened (Day One)

So, @jkopel how many things have you cut now? Have you stopped using it yet?

3 Likes

"…He chose wisely"
Founders were fortunate that such a technically capable craftsman lives within easy reach.
I rest assured that within the given parameters, Josh will wring it out for us!

Hope he got some sleep last night.

6 Likes

When you follow something for so long, it starts to seem like a far off dream, but seeing the software screenshot and now this is making the reality of it start to sink in.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen online, you made an excellent choice in a beta tester. Congrats Josh!

2 Likes

Is this beta unit directly from the production line?

My guess would be no since you can see burn marks on the grid. But I could be wrong.

3 Likes

That was my thought as well. Looks like its been used quite a bit

1 Like

This is AWESOME! @jkopel, you have shared so many great ideas and helpful information on the forums. I really can’t wait to see what you create!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the encouragement! I was a bit scared to make that first post knowing how anxious everyone is to get there own units. I appreciate your positivity, and only hope I can match the amazing creativity that folks have shown.

There is a lot to figure out here, like the “approval” process for posts, what materials I can use, how to balance the burning (:slight_smile:) desire to be 'forging with work demands, what to make, how to draw it, etc. etc.

I started sketching some stuff at 7:00 this morning, and hope to get a post up by the end of the day.

Once I get my feet under me with the workflow I am thinking of attempting to do forge-a-thing-a-day for a few weeks. Maybe starting next week, we shall see…

22 Likes

Insert excited squeal here
I’m sure if you ever are in need of ideas or files, we could hook you up. :wink:

8 Likes

That’s hilarious. One of those is definitely me. At least once a week I tell my partner, “I waaaaaaant myyyy LAAAaaaAAAAsaASSeRRRRRRRRrrrrr!”

7 Likes

Sounds like we need a Josh channel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agreed. However i might have to get creative and name mine Joshforge2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Joshfest!
I know I speak for us all in thanking you for investing your time in helping make sure the Glowforge shines!

5 Likes

so nice to see one in the wild
good luck!!!

3 Likes

I’ve heard of fish market in Seattle, and always wanted to experience it.
I’m from Bergen in Norway, where we also have a common thing with Seattle, namely a fish market.
Hopefully, not for too long, I have a Glowforge too, and then we have two things in common :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@gernreich I may or may not be working on sorting this out currently.

@Intrepidus you are the second glowforger in Norway that I know of! Our fish market is actually one of a number of fish markets in a larger “meta market”. I would love to visit Bergen some time as well, perhaps we should arrange a Glowforge cultural (and fish) exchange!

4 Likes

Congrats! I too am in Seattle, and while I may be just a tad jealous, I’m certain the right beta-tester was chosen. Can I come over and play? Just kidding… or am I? I look forward to your updates!

What a sight to see!

Look Glowforge team, I know you’ve been wanting to get to Amsterdam and bring it personally. There is a great hotel around the corner but it only takes reservations for 3 or more nights. I might know some great places to go and to do around here. Just saying.

Good luck to the testers!

after all of our brains short circuited last night

no pressure =P

7 Likes