Blurry camera giving problems with trace function

Hi! Yet another blurry camera issue… My camera images always have been blurry but I never had much issues with that since I do not cut a lot of proofgrade (it doesn’t ship to Europe), but now I want to have a go with the trace function it suddenly became a problem. It is so blurry that the software cannot properly trace the image I put in, even though it is drawn with a very thick black marker on a very white piece of paper (see images below).

Anyone figured this out yet? I have found fixes which turn the lens to manually focus the camera, but mine will not turn and I don’t want to break it! Also some staff replied that you should not try to do that. I cleaned the lens thouroughly with lens wipes before trying. TIA!

Image taken with my phone

Image taken by the GF
Annotation%202019-06-07%20121048

Resulting trace from the web GUI :frowning:
Annotation%202019-06-07%20121055

Do not turn it. You will break it. If it turns it’s broken. It’s not meant to be turned.

Make sure you have run the new calibration routine. That will update the camera image processing algorithms for your machine.

Then when you do the trace, start first with the Set Focus (under the gear icon). Do the scan and if you need to you can adjust the resulting trace using the Ctrl and up/down arrows.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the ‘set focus’ option does not work when in the trace GUI… I can click it, I get the square pointer but if I click nothing happens :frowning: I did not know I could adjust the trace settings with ctrl + up/down! This probably would help a lot when the focus option is working, but at the moment the image is just to vaque to make anything useful of it, even when adjusting!

Set Focus doesn’t change the focus of the camera lens. The camera lens is a fixed focus lens. Set Focus sets the proper material height (for camera lens distortion) and subsequently the proper focus for the laser beam.

2 Likes

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we repair this one. I just followed up via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.