Brand New Glowforge not centered and will not cut through on right side

Help please! Brand new Glowforge. We can get it to cut perfectly on the left side, but it can’t cut through on the right side. We are using the proofgrade materials that came with its on the correct settings. Also, it is not centered. If you set it to cut in an exact spot on the Glowforge app, it will cut it one inch exactly to the right of where it was supposed to be. *Tried the “set focus” with no help

Welcome to the forum.

Support will be along to help you with the problem that you are having regarding not printing on the right side. As for printing one inch off of where it is supposed to cut, I suspect that the printhead got moved when the machine was powered on. Turn the machine off and back on. After it completes its centering and focusing routine, try your cut again.

1 Like

Thank you, we have turned it off, unplugged it, and turned it back on several times.
We have also tried to “set focus”.

Can you share a screenshot of a completed cut before the lid is opened.

That is a new one. Try one more thing. Turn the machine off. Remove everything from the bed. Turn it back on. After centering routine, place material in machine moving material all the way forward and to the right and being careful not to bump the printhead. After it completes the scanning that will happen because you opened the lid, place the small circle design somewhere and hit print.

I am sure you have checked to make sure that the honeycomb tray is installed properly. I cannot guess why the machine thinks the printhead is an inch left of where it actually is unless there is something keeping the printhead from returning all the way to the left at the home position. Support will be able to look at your logs and these prints and get you going soon. I know this is frustrating.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. I’m assuming support will see this thread?

Yes, posting here opens a support ticket.

@brittjpope25 I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is not centering the print results or cutting through on the right side. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.