Cakeday

Well thank you. How the time flies.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s been a crazy year indeed, so here’s an Anchorman meme:

cakeday

10 Likes

Happy Birthday @todd.hassell! :birthday::squid::champagne::beers::boom::dizzy:

1 Like

Thanks JULES! I’m trying to learn Designer, as I bought it (and Photo) for Mac and PC as a birthday present to myself (a few days ago).

Running across an issue where I get a background engrave as part of a transparent background PNG copied into AD. Ever run across something like this?

1 Like

Happy birthday Todd! :tada:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a Fill Rule issue. Explanation for how to work around it is here:

No, you know what Todd, I’m not sure that’s right…you did say it’s a PNG and that’s raster not vector…my bad.

You might need to just clear the artifacts out of the PNG in Photoshop. A quick way to find them is to assign a stroke to everything temporarily…they will just jump out and you can then erase them.

Sorry, I’ve got to stop skimming so quickly. :smile:

2 Likes

Well, the crazy thing is that all of the background for the three different components (all PNG) are “grouped” in the GFUI together, so the simple fix was just to ignore that grouping.

That worked (at least for the one) and I just took the keychain I was creating to a home show where I gave it (as an unsolicited sample) to a generator installation and service company, so they could provide it with the keys to their customers’ generators - to keep the company top of mine for service - and to keep customers from losing keys.

Got some great interest from one of the two partners (who also happens to have a woodworking hobby), and I think I may have just managed to snag a good sized order of a few hundred key tags. We’ll see. That would be a great “happy birthday” to me!

3 Likes

Yeah, that wood be good! :grinning:

2 Likes

Happy cake day @ade :tada: :confetti_ball: :pie::cake::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, happy anniversary to you @ade!

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day to everyone :boom: ::pie::cupcake::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::firecracker::fireworks:
@ChristyM
@aaron.nance
@thor5694
And all 22 other people that I do not recognise their names right off.

6 Likes

Ditto this! Happy Cakeday! :grinning:

2 Likes

Ooh. Thank you! So exciting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy cake day all!

3 Likes

Happy birthday @info6!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday, @info6! :boom: ::pie::cupcake::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::firecracker::sparkler: :partying_face:

Belated Cakeday greetings @mnemosyne! And Happy Birthday @jacobturner! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ahh! thank you! a year already!?

4 Likes

Happy cakeday @mnemosyne and happy birthday @jacobturner!

2 Likes