Can someone snap a pic

I want to compare see what this is suppose to look like. This is a basic and this is behind that middle connection on the black lid cable.

1 Like

2 Likes

Something is burned up on that circuit board.

4 Likes

have you been spraying cleaner?
looks like it was powered and wet…

2 Likes

Nope. Cut it on 2 weeks ago and had the classic lid cable issues. Been waiting for tech help for 2 weeks and just happen to look back there.

1 Like

ARGH! - that sucks! - your gonna need a new board and a new cable - I dont know if they will send that to you or your gonna have to send it back to the mothership

1 Like

Well they arent in any hurry about it either. I have another GF but I’d like to fix this one as well. I’ve only had it 6 mths but its refurbished and no warranty. I have a cable already. I’ve had 4 machines and I’ve changed those cables a few times already. I’ve sent 2 back so I’m seasoned there too lol. I’m just glad weve figured out why its throwing all the errors now.

Fried Green motherboards at the whistlestop cafe.

whats confusing me, is if you have another Glowforge, why not just look at that one?
why did you need a picture of someone elses?

1 Like

It hasn’t been open yet. Just got it this week and my family had been sick and I have 4 kids and well, Christmas. Also its not a basic so didnt know if would look different.

1 Like

AHHH santa delivered you a new ‘couch’, I have a few myself :slight_smile: the ‘glowforge’ is a basic

We have seen a few of those, just after cleaning. The determination has been moisture that caused a short. The burn is almost surely a result of a short.
There has been at least one user who replaced the board themselves.

1 Like

This was the original picture I sent in when my issue first started. I didn’t realize the board actually showed in the original message but it did. The board is not black here. Only thing that happened after that was I changed out the lid cable which I’ve successfully done a few times with other machines.

If the cable isn’t in the connector /just right/, the pins won’t line up the way they’re supposed to, and it’ll short out from that. So replacing the cable is what did it, unfortunately. You’re not the first to lose this circuit board in the process of replacing that cable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.