Cannot connect to glowforge wifi

okay trying scan now, and i havnt had ANY networks with the name glowforge pop up…

For gits and shiggles…

Turn the unit off.
Hold down the Big Candy Like Button (“BCLB”).
Turn the unit on.
Say “Glow”.
Let go of the BCLB.
The BCLB should turn Purple.
Now, scan to see if there is a WiFi named “Glowforge-”.

2 Likes

and i restarted my desktop as well

haha , so i did this , and then turned on the machine it turned purple only while i had my finger on it , and then it turned off. is it because i didnt say it out loud? also no dice for the wifi! (red mad face)

1 Like

Maybe. :wink:

It has a lot of sensors, you know. If you don’t do exactly what it wants you to do when it wants you to do it, it will stomp its feet like a toddler.

Holding the button down while turning the power on will cause it to enter “User Requested” recovery mode. The trick is, if you hold the button down longer than “Glow”, it will enter “Do Nothing” recovery mode.

Interestingly, both modes leave you with a Purple button that stays on. But yours does not.

You seem to have a misbehaving Glowforge.

1 Like

tried again , button is purple. now what?

tried this and no Glowforge showed up? does that mean it doesnt have the correct wifi inside??

Well, that depends.

If you didn’t spend too much time sounding out the “o” in “Glow”, you will have entered the good kind of recovery mode. It should be broadcasting with an SSID that begins with “Glowforge”.

If you waited too long to let go of the button… It will just sit there, glowing Purple and mocking you.

The good recovery mode works the same as the plain old “Hold the button down until turns teal”, but it does by booting from a different stored program. Kind of giving you two different chances.

I basically let go as soon as it turned purple? figuring that’s the GOOD kind… but still no signal…

Gotta be quicker than that.

Click of the power button, let go of the BCLB. Click. Click.

It will glow Purple a little while -after- you let go. About 3-5 seconds.

Yeah, I think I’m at a dead end, hoping to hear from Support tomorrow. Thank you for all your input, I really appreciate it. It’s so frustrating when something doesn’t work like promised! Let me know if you lay in bed and ponder over this and think of something like I will at 3 am…

1 Like

thank you everyone for input

[spoiler]I shouldn’t be telling you this… But its actually a secret drinking game we play.

We see how many outrageous things we can get people to try. I got to give out 7 drinks for that say “Glow” thing! :wink:

Seriously, though…[/spoiler]

Sounds like an issue that support is going to have address. You’ve/We’ve done your/our best.

4 Likes

No, don’t tell her! We never even got as far as making her do the Macarena while wearing a sombrero!

1 Like

tried that too!

Do I get credit if she does it?

1 Like

Only if the Glowforge lid was open and the camera caught her doing it. But we’ll need to get it onto WiFi so it can upload the video before you can be awarded credit for it.

1 Like

har har everyone

3 Likes

Thanks to those who gave suggestions.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like