Ceramic Tile Mania!

No worries! Glad to help whenever and wherever I can on these sorts of things. It’s because of other forum members that I’m where I’m at, so it feels good to give back.

Alright, so first and foremost, when working with anything that is non-proofgrade material, you’ll want to manually enter the material height. This can be done by uploading your design, and on the glowforge interface clicking the “unknown” (or in some cases, changing the last used proofgrade option) and selecting the option use uncertified materials found towards the top right of the dialogue. In my case these tiles are about .3 inches.

After choosing that, you’ll have to manually change your layer settings by clicking on each individual layer and changing the settings. So the very top slider is speed which can vary between 1-1000 the next slider is power which can vary between 1-100-full power which can be confusing, but those are the options :yum: The LPI or lines per inch is how many times the laser will etch a line within a square inch, in my case 450 lines within that inch.

Ah, I see that @rbtdanforth was also able to help answer!

3 Likes

Thanks a million. I will attempt to give it a shot this week. I appreciate the help.

3 Likes

I’m trying my hand at one today! EEK. So excited!!

2 Likes

Okay I’m in love!! Gold paint sharpie! :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

That came out fantastic! (Why is your glass and tray so clean !!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Woohoo! That looks great! The first metallic sharpies I got were junk, but I went and bought an individual and it works so much better!

I literally have too many tiles to display so I have them laying flat on my desk :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

My tray is FILTHY. I just cleaned the glass though lol. I’m getting some crazy flashback on acrylic pieces, need to clean the tray again.

1 Like

My wife and I have been invited to dinner tomorrow night to the restaurant of celebrity chef Curtis Stone by his wifs’s parents, who are good friends of ours. So I decided to make a tile that I will leave on the table.

13 Likes

Classy. :grin:

1 Like

Is it ok to leave an 11 cent tile as thanks for a meal that will probably cost $600 (for 4 of us. though likely comped by his wife, Lindsay Price)?

6 Likes

Considering it was made with a machine worth thousands of dollars? Definitely :+1:t4:

5 Likes

As long as the server is tipped like it wasn’t free it’ll be fine.

3 Likes

What’s your method? I struggle to clean it without getting stuff stuck in the honeycomb.

1 Like

Yeah, I am sure we will leave a tip much larger than what we would typically pay for a meal

1 Like

I use a method that I found on the forums. Heavy duty simple Green solution and soak. I also have a scrub brush attachment for my screw gun and I take that over it a few times.

1 Like

Huh, you submerge the whole tray?

Ya. I can’t find the other thread at the moment but they talk about it in this one about halfway down. Exhaust setup

1 Like

This?

1 Like

that’s the one!

1 Like

Super great! Let us know how the meal is!

1 Like