Changing Wifi

So I have read a lot of comments about how to change WiFi and to hold down the button for 10-15 seconds i tried this and no change in color or light at all i even held down for about a minute. Any tips we disconnected our WiFi as we are switching carriers so I’m trying to link to my hotspot on iPad. Is this even possible?

Holding down the button should result in it changing to teal. Here is a video about resetting wifi. Set up again

2 Likes

Not sure if this was what you were looking for, but yes, you can set up a hotspot to run the Glowforge temporarily. If @dklgood’s instructions don’t help get you up and going, try this:

You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hotspot using a cell phone. Make sure that you set it up to be a 2.4 GHz hotspot, since that is the frequency your Glowforge uses.

Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Wait 30 seconds. Then hold down the button for ten seconds until it glows teal.
  3. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on-screen. When prompted to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi, choose the hotspot you created.
  4. Once Wi-Fi setup is complete, go to app.glowforge.com and try a few prints.
1 Like

I tried this and am still seeing no change in the light is it possible because it’s offline?

If your machine won’t enter setup mode per the instructions, it will likely need to be sent back for repair. I don’t recall ever seeing that here.

Let Support take a look at the logs for the machine before trying anything else. They can see more than we can. Sit tight. :slightly_smiling_face:

Support won’t be able to access logs for a machine that isn’t connected to wifi.

Good point. Still, they might have more tests they’d like to see the results from.

Though you can access your logs locally and email them to support…(presuming they ask for them)

1 Like

You have to enter wifi setup mode to access the logs…

1 Like

Thanks for your help, everyone!

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.