"Chips, chips will tear us apart again"

What do you get when you give a music-and-design-geek a laser and too much spare time?

Last weekend, it was a tortilla-chip recreation of Joy Division’s iconic Unknown Pleasures album cover. I like to call it the “Post-Punk Party Platter.” :grin:

For reference, here’s the original. Even if you’re not a fan, you may have seen references to it in popular culture. It’s actually a visualization of energy detected from the first pulsar detected, and there’s a great article on it here.

Eighty different layers, two cut from each corn tortilla, then fried in oil and arranged in order (I engraved a location 1-80 on each tortilla).

55 Likes

Another great data visualization! Groovy use of Craft’s work with CP1919. Thanks for the great Friday astro geek-out. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

this is absolutely amazing, well done with taking it too far in all the best ways

3 Likes

We could use a Geek Out award. This would definitely take it. :smile:

6 Likes

I may have to steal this for my personal motto!

4 Likes

so true! kkk

Wow! Are you gonna’ eat it? Looks like it would be good with salsa and guacamole! :sunglasses:

Get a different visualization and you could have Salsa with Salsa and salsa and guacamole!

now I just want guacamole…

3 Likes

You are a nut. But a good one.

2 Likes

Cashew?

That takes me back. I think my late ‘80s t-shirt of the album cover would no longer fit. Too many crisps have passed this way.
Oh, excellent laser skills by the way!

2 Likes

Lack of imagination today.
Best I got.

4 Likes

gesundheit

1 Like

That works! :sunglasses::+1:

Holy moly!

Would you allow double dipping?

Amazing, truly geeky and quite the hoot!

You are my hero.

I’m completely speechless!!!