I’m proud of the way this turned out, I guess half because I don’t usually make 3D objects, and half because it came out cool (in my opinion, anyway). I bought a stand for my regular monitor a while ago, and it wasn’t until yesterday when I made more room on my desk for my second monitor, that I realized how convenient having a monitor raised is. So I made my design, cut it out of some birch ply, and here we have it:
I considered making the top hollow and putting electronics like a USB hub and maybe lighting in it, but meh, the other stand has a hub, and I could always make this again later since I didn’t glue the top down.
Since I know at least a couple of you will be curious what it says, I took a shot of that. I think this quote really vibes with the reason I started making things, and I bet a few of you can agree with it.
Very cool design! I keep threatening to make a new computer setup but then I would have to cleanup this one, Inkscape and Gimp really do work better with the extra real estate as not only can you act there but just reading there makes both a lot easier.
I have an L shaped desk, and on one side I had a large photo printer, and then my monitor on the shorter end with a couple of sterilite cubby things for convenience, and then of course the junk that sits between. I’ve been really wanting to use my second monitor to be able to watch stuff while I design projects, so I finally got my act together, got some more wire shelving and now I’ve got more space for my materials (which we’re leaning against the wall) and was able to move the printer onto there. I’m considering sharing the file once I clean a couple of things up, so maybe you’ll have less excuses to make one then
I drew one in Adobe Draw on my iPad, then took it into Illustrator and cleaned up the lines until I liked it. It’s been through a few iterations, but I think I’ve come to a good place to be done with it!
So yeah, I made one then blew it up, but that’s the most simple way to explain it. You can export from Adobe Draw straight into Illustrator, which is handy, and since it’s vectorized, after cleaning up the line work (merging each stroke, since AD keeps the strokes separate) and tweaking the sizing, I just locked the ratio in, so now I can make it as small, or as big, as I would ever like to