Condensation, now stuck in scanning

This morning my machine was full of condensation. After a late night of creating, I didn’t take the exhaust tubing out of the window.
I wiped out all of the dampness, cleaned the camera. At first it told me it couldn’t scan. Now it’s stuck in scanning. I turned it off, turned off the wifi, etc, etc, still nothing. Please don’t tell me I killed my brand new machine!

1 Like

Wiping the dampness does not address the electronics. I suggest that you not turn the machine on for a day or two. Open the lid and circulate air through the Glowforge. After a couple of days of airing out, turn it on and see what happens.

4 Likes

Glowforge is very clear that you need to disconnect the vent in the instruction manual. No doubt that this mistake happens a lot (yup, I will raise my hand to personally have done this once :slight_smile: ). Usually people let it air out for a day before turning it on again to make sure it is really dry. When it happens it is best to not just wipe it down but to truly let the machine dry out before turning it on.

I recommend @dklgood suggestion at this point and really let it dry out. But stay positive and there is hope. I would no matter what invest in either a blast gate (which a lot of glowforges use) or this vent (which I use and you do not have to disconnect from it).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EGQTU0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But yes, in general it is not enough to simply wipe down the residue you visually see. You need to really dry out a machine. Please let us know what the machine says after trying it out a day or two from now.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

As others have mentioned, please wipe down the machine and remove all of the visible condensation.

Next, I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

5. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Let us know how it goes!

Attachments

1 Like

Once your machine is up and running again you can even cut your own blast gate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.