Connectivity Issues PLEASE HELP

Okay! So new fun roadblock I’m in desperate need of fixing! I had so awful flare ups because my air assist fan had gone bad and Glowforge was kind enough and sent me a new one. We followed all the instructions and installed it—- no problem. Everything boots and moves great. The flares are GONE. BUT now in the middle of the print it stops cutting. Much like if the machine overheats and sits there. The only difference is the program continues to count down. Once the count down ends the machine stops. We disconnected and reconnected several times. And nothing seems to work. It gets a little further along in the cut each time but that’s it. I’m two weeks from Christmas with piles of orders to get through. I need a quick fix. I’m currently attempting to reset the machine in hopes that that will do something but I just don’t know. Any other ideas???

Did the reset that didn’t help. Did the full door open reboot that didn’t help either…

Depending on Pro or basic - but there is a thingie on the back by the plug that sometimes gets loose - and the connection between the ribbon and the print head.

Check both very carefully, and on the ribbon connector you can see if any pins have gotten pushed out of place.

Some pictures of things to check:

Good luck!

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m so sorry for the continued trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and I’d like to have you check one thing so we can determine the next steps.

Could you please follow these steps?

1. Wait until your Glowforge has been idle for at least a minute.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Very gently, push the printer head to the right with one hand and see if you are able to move it. You should feel resistance and the the printer head should not slide freely.
  4. Repeat the previous step, this time pushing the printer head to the left.
  5. Let me know if you feel resistance in either direction.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you! I’ll try that next!

There was a little resistance but was able to push it in both directions.

Pushing to the left there was a little less resistance.

The troubleshooting is interesting… :thinking:

I agree. I wish I knew more about the logs and what to look for though. The anticipation is killing me. Lol

1 Like

New development! This only is an issue with cuts. Engraves can fully print.

Another update today at about 12:30 PM ET for log reading purposes.

I tried to do another engrave this morning in order to keep up with my pile of Christmas orders for my small business, since — as of last night — it seemed like engraving was not an issue. I had the same problem occur now though.

The Glowforge starts up fine. It starts up the print job fine too. But about 20-30 minutes into an hour long job it stopped. It stops like when there’s an overheating issue, which I’ve had occur once or twice in the past. It pauses and the laser stops and the printer head and arm just sit there.

But, unlike with a overheating issue, the job is not paused on the web app. The countdown continues down to zero. I canceled the print job and it stops, but the printer arm just sits there and does not return to home. I’m very frustrated right now and sad that I have not heard from anyone from Glowforge support in more than 12 hours when you were being so responsive so quickly yesterday evening.

Please help!

I’m sorry to double post this, but I replied to the main thread and not to you. Another update today at about 12:30 PM ET for log reading purposes.

I tried to do another engrave this morning in order to keep up with my pile of Christmas orders for my small business, since — as of last night — it seemed like engraving was not an issue. I had the same problem occur now though.

The Glowforge starts up fine. It starts up the print job fine too. But about 20-30 minutes into an hour long job it stopped. It stops like when there’s an overheating issue, which I’ve had occur once or twice in the past. It pauses and the laser stops and the printer head and arm just sit there.

But, unlike with a overheating issue, the job is not paused on the web app. The countdown continues down to zero. I canceled the print job and it stops, but the printer arm just sits there and does not return to home. I’m very frustrated right now and sad that I have not heard from anyone from Glowforge support in more than 12 hours when you were being so responsive so quickly yesterday evening.

Please help!

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.