Contactless Door Opener

Does anyone know if this works with touch screen devices such as ATM machines and touch screen elevator buttons? Thanks in advance!

I would think if you mean “touch screen” then bring clorox wipes, wipe the screen and then touch it by hand. Haven’t seen touch screen elevator buttons…you must live in a fancier town than I do. :wink: I also wonder if they would scratch the screens since the points are not rounded.

My mom took a picture of these initially and sent me the photo with a comment “I give up” meaning she had no idea what they were for. She figured since I was into “tech” it had to have some kind of tech usage. Nope mom, just open a door. LOL

My mom managed to break one of those door openers…she thought it meant it could close her sliding glass door to the backyard that are heavier than all get out. Well nope. Told mom she broke hers now (other was for her friend) she has to wait until I can cut a thicker one (still not for her sliding door). LOL

3 Likes

Two layers of 1/4 plywood glued together and painted or one layer of plywood and two of acrylic, or three plywood and even use on those sliding doors.

1 Like

definitely sounds like that would be sturdy enough!
:grin:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the hook design! We added copper tape (works on phones!) and a retractable badge reel.

3 Likes

At the risk of sounding totally clueless, but is there a link someplace to the file? Im new to the glowforge world so I may be missing something, or maybe its just that there are so many responses I can’t find the original? Ive been searching for a design for these for about 2 hours now.

Thanks!

See this post; Contactless Door Opener or the post directly below it.

1 Like

thank you!