Contactless Door Opener

Due to recent events we are all a little more concerned with what we are touching. This allows you to open pull doors with the hook, latches with the ring, and manipulate deadbolts or bathroom locks with the slot without touching something a lot of others are touching. SVG included. Made with PG 1/4" Acrylic, designed with Fusion360 with Origin Sketch to SVG plugin. I will be testing with other materials.

Stay Healthy

Door Opener

59 Likes

Thanks, Craig!

What’s the best way to sanitize the acrylic? I’d think a lot of the common antiseptics would corrode it.

5% bleach solution. Or a Clorox wipe.

Alcohol (except maybe hand sanitizer) may cause crazing but since you made the first one you could always make another :slight_smile:

4 Likes

and crazing probably wouldn’t damage integrity enough to make it ineffective, just less attractive.

5 Likes

Or more, depending on your preferred aesthetic.

3 Likes

Hand sanitizer for everything! :mask: It has been tested and used by me for a couple of years now. even earrings soaked in it till the masking floated away, two years ago and still shiny.

3 Likes

Should go well with … Grocery grabber, carry multiple bags of groceries at once

3 Likes

Perhaps just some hot soapy water would do the trick, too. Not as convenient, but effective. NIce work!

3 Likes

You could embrace the crazing by a lit score of pseudo-crazing lines so with the real crazing you’d get a nice overall random line effect. Maybe a lichtenstein pattern?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the file! I’ll definitely will print one out!
p.s. if you edit your message - see where the svg file link has size numbers… perhaps something like 19x11? add a zero to those, i.e. 190x110. That way the svg image will be more visible.

2 Likes

Proofgrade acrylic will not craze from alcohol/hand sanitizer.

1 Like

The entire situation is causing crazing :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just printed one out and wondering if the size is correct. This could be one of those AI vs Inkscape things. The tool lengthwise for me is 5.75". Can someone please pull the file in Illustrator and tell me how long it should be? Thanks!

That is correct.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks s much - will definitely use it and thinking of making some extra for others.

Being sheltered in place is already causing enough crazing around here. ((Rimshot))

1 Like

Nice share! Thank you!

I must be thick, i’m not seeing a .svg file. I can only seem to get .jpg?

1 Like

Right-click here

1 Like